Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Lightbulb Audi

Why is Audi involved in the WRC these days?
    They could easily use the A/S3s. They have their almighty 4wd system. Has a great history in rallying. They seems to have more than enough money for it.
    So where are they?

Or does this have something to do with them being luxuary and comfort and the WRC dont go hand in hand?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Reference: R10

They're having too much fun being successful in other series such as LeMans and DTM.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Why is Audi involved in the WRC these days?
    They could easily use the A/S3s. They have their almighty 4wd system. Has a great history in rallying. They seems to have more than enough money for it.
    So where are they?

Or does this have something to do with them being luxuary and comfort and the WRC dont go hand in hand?
    You're right Rally is just not part of their image any more. they have just another target than Impreza, C4 and Focus customers

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm sure if the FIA made it an advantage to run Turbo Diesel engines you might see Audi in the WRC. But Audi don't want to lose so they either wouldn't be there at all or they'd put so much money in that they would almost surely be guaranteed success. But of course Audi's image doesn't quite lend itself to cars being dirty and so on I predict Audi staying on the track until Peugeot gets close enough for them to get scared and then they will go "Ummmm errr we won lots we have nothing to prove now" and leave rather than having to play second fiddle to a "lesser" brand like Peugeot.

If there's one thing that's as sure as the sun coming up in the morning and setting in the evening (unless you live very far north or south of course) it is that Audi will come into a series and dominate and when their advantage disappears they will quickly go off to another series and do the same thing there
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As said abowe, i think these guys cost a looooooot of money,,, But i would love to see an Audi in the WRC stages..

Four rings to rule them all
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Reference: R10

They're having too much fun being successful in other series such as LeMans and DTM.
    Yes I agree even though they are not fully covering their market. The LeMans series cover their american market, which is big and therefor very important, but DTM only cover their domestic market in Germany and is especially geared towards their rivals from Mercedes. (and btw DTM sucks. What happened last year with all driver being asked to take each other out was simply pathetic. I will never watch that crap again)

Back to topic...

I think they are still not covering the rest of Europe, even though they are winning almost every year at Le Mans. But those Le Mans victories are getting a little hollow because all they beat are private teams like Pescarolo. All their rivals on the car market (Ferrari, Mercedes and BMW) are in F1, but I still don't expect AUDI to go down the F1 road ever.

I think they should pull the pluck on DTM and chose WRC or WTCC, because their is a fair chance that they would score impressive results and get better marketing value out of it.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    In Wtcc there are already Seat, part of the VAG group. So room for Audi there.
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    In VAG there are strict rulles where any brand of the concern can compete and Skoda is the one choosed for rallying.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppomsbo
    In Wtcc there are already Seat, part of the VAG group. So room for Audi there.
    You are right, my mistake. And SEAT is indeed a very good bet for both championships this year.

That aside, it's still a strange mix of brands in WTCC. BMW and Alfa Romeo were good brands against each other for marketing values, since they share the same possible consumers, but with Alfa Romeo out where does that leave BMW for the future?

Audi would be a better brand to put up against BMW and Chevrolet than SEAT, but maybe that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]In VAG there are strict rulles where any brand of the concern can compete and Skoda is the one choosed for rallying.
    But maybe not a clever choice. How much success have Skoda achieved in rallying...pretty close to nothing! So there is room for AUDI succees if they want to.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    MikeD: Don't think so since the people were practicly the same. Skoda Motorsport boss in Fabia era was Martin Muhlmeier from Audi. I only hope that now with completely different people behind the S2000 it will be better...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump