Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boxer breathing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Well you wouldn't be able to have a turbocharged wan kel 1.2. A normal 4 stroke engine had a power stroke per cylinder once every 2 times the crank turns. But a rotary has a power stroke each time. So to calculate the volume of a wan kel in FIA terms a 1.2 turbo rotary engine would be 1.2*2*1.7 so 4.08l.
    wow! so that means wan.kle should be only 0,6 litre for wrc
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leno
    wow! so that means wan.kle should be only 0,6 litre for wrc
    No

1L

1 (actual displacement) * 2 (FIA ruling on rotaries) * 1.7 (turbocharging) = 3.4
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    No

1L

1 (actual displacement) * 2 (FIA ruling on rotaries) * 1.7 (turbocharging) = 3.4
    They can race those minicars you can only see in Japan!

OFF TOPIC:
    Now I seriously think Mazda can be a serious competitor in the future.
    1)Their ZOOM-ZOOM philosophy is ideal for rallying
    2)Every new car is lighter than the car before it
    3)The new Mazda 3 MPS will be ideal for group N.It will have 4WD with around 300 BHP.The only problem is that it will have a 2.5 liter engine,but that can be solved by putting a 2.0 liter on some market (just like Subaru did with the last generation Impreza9
    4)They are showing some signs of waking up by their programmes is Australia ,etc.
    5)They have announced their plan for a R2 Mazda 2 (we havent spokeen about it here).There are even some pictures.

I would love to see Mazda back.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That Mazda 2 is not R2. It is local Australian project of cheap rally car. Only the future will show if it can come to something more...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    I know but they said could make one either in an S1600 (wich I doubt,its a dying class) or R2
    The problem is that they dont have an appropriate engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Basically it come down to the bore and stroke of the Subaru's engine, which allows the engine to rev more freely at higher altitudes.
    LOL, man if you don't know what you're talking about just don't say anything. At least Daniel did it on purpose.

As for my thoughts: I don't know, but I think it's just an urban myth.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    chris thinks it's an urban myth as well.

i asked, and his take was that the suby engine is more tuned for mid-range, while the citroen and ford engines are revvier.

mexico, he reckons, just suits an engine with its performance in the mid range, and he doubts it has anything to do with altitude.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T

i asked, and his take was that the suby engine is more tuned for mid-range, while the citroen and ford engines are revvier.

mexico, he reckons, just suits an engine with its performance in the mid range, and he doubts it has anything to do with altitude.
    i belive him
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T

A slight contradiction here? Altitude will surely affect rewier engines more than engines tuned for midrange. so it will have much to do with altitude.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    A slight contradiction here? Altitude will surely affect rewier engines more than engines tuned for midrange. so it will have much to do with altitude.
    What Chris is saying is that the engine is tuned better for the roads regardless of the altitude. As has been pointed out altitude has the same effect on all engines as they all get the same amount of oxygen into the engine.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.