Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tourist at the IMS

There was a tour group at the IMS today. The group was seen leaving the management office and heading to the pagoda and then touring some of the facility. The tour was shown around the complex by Brian Barnhardt. The group was made up of Steve Johnson and some of his associates. Some of the conversations that were overheard mention that there are some unhappy people over at Johnson's place of business.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    4 posts and you have inside information on people going in and out of Barnhardts office? You want people to take you seriously? It says Shill to me....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how about a little help I've never claimed to be too bright (too many tenderloins and track fries) but I did some searching and I couldn't figure out who Steve Johnsonn is in relation to open wheel racing.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Keep in mind Champcar and the IRL offices are only about 10 minutes driving time apart. I've also heard Brian Barnhardt been seen at CC's offices from time to time. They are in the same industry. I've gone to my main competition before just to needle them and see what's going on. (Heck! I used to work for them!) I wouldn't read anything into this.

I have a good friend that's an irrigation rep., so we sell non-competing products to the same core customers. He used to casually give out false leads and information that he knew the competition would hear, just to see how they'd react.

I'd take this as just what it is, gossip.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoCheever
    how about a little help I've never claimed to be too bright (too many tenderloins and track fries) but I did some searching and I couldn't figure out who Steve Johnsonn is in relation to open wheel racing.
    Steve Johnson is President & CEO of Champcar, in other words KK's right hand man.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks

maybe they were just taking the tour it's pretty good and Donald Davidson is always interesting

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    1) This is the IRL forum, so shill is hardly the word to use for a poster putting up IRL biased info.

2) The same story has been posted elsewhere by (supposedly) different people, though there is no factual info behind it yet.

3) The implications, if it's true, remain clouded at this time.
    1) It was posted as a D&G for Champ Car, no real IRL content beyond the venue. I would, however, use the word "troll", as opposed to "shill".

2) The original source is a well-known CC-hater/rumourmonger.

3) True.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I repeat my original point #1. Had the original post been in the CC forum then you would have been correct.
    What difference should it make where the comment is posted? The question being raised is about its accuracy and the motivation for posting it.

Shill Somebody who promotes something for reasons of self-interest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I repeat my original point #1. Had the original post been in the CC forum then you would have been correct.
    Huh? The post is not even about the IRL, so not only is it a troll, it's a troll in the wrong forum. Or do you automatically equate anti-Champ Car with pro-IRL?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrider
    There was a tour group at the IMS today. The group was seen leaving the management office and heading to the pagoda and then touring some of the facility. The tour was shown around the complex by Brian Barnhardt. The group was made up of Steve Johnson and some of his associates. Some of the conversations that were overheard mention that there are some unhappy people over at Johnson's place of business.
    Not sure what your motive is here. I heard Johnson was still in Las Vegas making an announcement with Bart Rietbergen.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.