Page 599 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 12677

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i dont see hatred. i actually think the people who make these kind of comments here had huge hopes about the project but after they saw the videos and some people leaving the team they are just disappointed.
    And the fact that they haven't turned the whole testing year into a long publicity campaign.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts
    I also do not understand the hatred that many people are showing for the project.

Yes, but maybe because they did not make a big campaign of their entry into the WRC people did not get so much attention and trust in them. In my opinion I think a lot of people are already discarding them including the media, but it will not be that way.

They may be playing with it in order to make it a surprise factor.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    I don't think that it's hatred. More or less it's a disappointment with basically anything which comes out on public.

Anyway if some car appears slow on test footage is it more realistic to assume that
    a) it is slow
    b) they drive it slow in purpose to trick others
    c) all other test footage is speed-up

What is a realistic point of view and what is only clutching at straws?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    I haven’t seen this much jealousy and hatred in this forum before.
    I want them to prove me and all the doubters wrong. I want them to succeed. However you can't be shocked to see folk slating them and having worries when you read and see what's going on. The car doesn't look 'right'. I mean they've only properly started proper tarmac testing with a month or so to go before homologation (unless they did lots of secret testing that nobody saw).

5. Likes: cali (18th November 2016)
    Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I don't think that it's hatred. More or less it's a disappointment with basically anything which comes out on public.

Anyway if some car appears slow on test footage is it more realistic to assume that
    a) it is slow
    b) they drive it slow in purpose to trick others
    c) all other test footage is speed-up

What is a realistic point of view and what is only clutching at straws?
    The point is that the car does not always seem slow in the videos. There are times when the car seems very fast (at the other level), but most of the filming (going from the car in the movies) goes slow and not at the limit like most of the other teams' videos, in which in filming the cars appear To be guided to the limit or very close to it.

I can not believe that in movies where the Yaris appears to be guided slower it goes on the edge or close to that.

Last edited by rogef; 18th November 2016 at 12:24.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    at the moment i am split between 2 things

1. Do i want them to flop mid season so i can have a nice laugh at their short minded unprofessional and amateurish way of doing things ?

OR

2. Do i want them to flop after 2 seasons of embarrassment so my spite is satisfied ?

hmmm...

8. Likes: Jasper (18th November 2016)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    at the moment i am split between 2 things

1. Do i want them to flop mid season so i can have a nice laugh at their short minded unprofessional and amateurish way of doing things ?

OR

2. Do i want them to flop after 2 seasons of embarrassment so my spite is satisfied ?

hmmm...
    A happy outcome is worth waiting for?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    A happy outcome is worth waiting for?
    Happy outcomes usually come by proper planning, equal opportunities and hard work.

So no...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    On this video the Yaris doesn’t look slow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gibN30wRRjg

Maybe the engine is still lacking some torque, but the chassis seems already pretty balanced.

Considering what Makinen and his team have achieved in so little time, people should praise a bit more their efforts. For sure they aren’t at the level VW showed before entering WRC, but they seem to be more or less on Hyundai’s pre WRC stage.

The jealously and hatred that motivated such a negative prejudgment over Makinen’s team are difficult to understand, but it’s funny to see that most of today’s critics were much more complacent when the project was developed by TMG, a structure that factually has failed in motorsport for more than a decade...
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: DonJippo (18th November 2016),pantealex (18th November 2016)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Happy outcomes usually come by proper planning, equal opportunities and hard work.

So no...
    But if they do neither of these you should be satisfied?