Page 4 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Subaru has been testing 4 days (2 Atkinson, 2 Solberg) in Catalonia for the first time with the BFGoodrich.

Solberg was not there. Passi Hagstrom took the wheel for friday and saturday
    oh, what a mistake i only went to 2nd day of Chris, and i was told next 2 days would come Petter...

PD: ens vam creuar potser?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Solberg was not there. Passi Hagstrom took the wheel for friday and saturday
    I think, that what You mentioned was and will be one of the biggest problems of Subaru, even they nowadays will use BF Goodrich.

Mr. Hagström was a guite good driver, but his skills as set-up maker and developer was not so good. I made these remarks on those days, when he droves his Corolla WRC. He hasn't logic when he changed his set-up's and sometimes he hasn't even idea what to do. Sometimes he was totally lost with his set-up's!

Example: Do anybody remember how many rallies or even stages Mr. Hagström won outside of Finland and Estonia with his Corolla WRC???

And what comes to testskills of Petter and Chris, I'm not convinced either...
    \"the only faintness is the enormous fastness\"

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Ford Test !!

Here my video Ok ...
    Marcus & Timo test ...

http://planetemarcus.free.fr/essaissaison07.htm

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Profaster
    I think, that what You mentioned was and will be one of the biggest problems of Subaru, even they nowadays will use BF Goodrich.

Mr. Hagström was a guite good driver, but his skills as set-up maker and developer was not so good. I made these remarks on those days, when he droves his Corolla WRC. He hasn't logic when he changed his set-up's and sometimes he hasn't even idea what to do. Sometimes he was totally lost with his set-up's!

What I've heard it's pretty much the same.
    Another Flying Finn

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    What I've heard it's pretty much the same.
    I understand that Pasi Hagstrom and Esko Reiners were brought to SWRT when Tommi arrived in 2002, and Tommi tried to re-create the "Finnish connections" he had at Ralliart when he failed to persuade Lasse Lampi to leave Ralliart at the same time as he did. I also dont think Colin McRae was much of an effective test driver, maybe SWRT should hire Carlos, as in my opinion I think he was the best test and development driver whilst still an active rally driver.
    Having said that I think Petter is more than capable of setting up a car - he works tirelessly on tests, often late into the night nad his technical feedback is very good, and he knows what he wants / needs and how a car works. By now most people realise the SWRT problems started in 2004 and got worse with each year of the 3 year programme committed by that homologation. Hopefully it gets better with S12B, and then S14 (the hatchback) the following year.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    Pot ser.

Subaru has changed the tyres but some things stay the same

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder if Ford' gravel rims will be black too... Hope so... Stealth-style.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pot ser.

Subaru has changed the tyres but some things stay the same
    Yes they have to change the car!!!!!! mokin: :
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    was that atko?
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    It seems that Subaru will do their winter testing at Haslemoen near Elverum i Norway instead of their usual Värmland in Sweden next year. Could become interesting.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.