Page 286 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 12690

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts

Re: WRC Testing

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Won't next years Fiesta have the new 'face' and grill, the same as the new ST road car, and like the R5 car?? I'm sure I heard/read that this would be the case.
    I think so. Earlier in the year I remember it was even planned to debut the car around Rally Finland. In the M-sport's facebook page a video was published with Neuville driving the R5 with the WRC wing titled "Ford Fiesta WRC 2014". Then again few days ago Wilson was thanking VW for letting them run with same spec car so not sure if they can change it cosmetically.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Won't next years Fiesta have the new 'face' and grill, the same as the new ST road car, and like the R5 car?? I'm sure I heard/read that this would be the case.
    Wilson said in an interview (I think with Autosport) that the next year's WRCcar will be with the new face and he said that the engineers are finished with redisigning the whole cooling package of the car. This is the reason I asked above whether anyone knows if the have to re-homologate the whole car (which is not possible as Ford is not officially involved any more) or whether that comes as one of the 'joker' upgrades they are allowed each year (total of 3 isn't it?)

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    Wilson said in an interview (I think with Autosport) that the next year's WRCcar will be with the new face and he said that the engineers are finished with redisigning the whole cooling package of the car. This is the reason I asked above whether anyone knows if the have to re-homologate the whole car (which is not possible as Ford is not officially involved any more) or whether that comes as one of the 'joker' upgrades they are allowed each year (total of 3 isn't it?)
    Why? It's normally possible. The R5 had to be homologated with Ford support as well. There are plenty of examples of cars which were developed without direct involvement of manufacturers and still homologated by those manufacturers.

Anyway some months a go there were rumors that the new Fiesta WRC would have different engine - the "world engine" designed from scratch like Citroën, VW or Hyundai have. We'll see...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts

Skoda doing R5 testing in Finland just now:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYyQjZRIcAAuTpD.jpg:large
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts

Skoda tests been driven by Kopecky today.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts

According to the article from rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm ... index.html) R.Kubica had one day testing prior to Walles Rallye. Mikko and Dani on the other side nothing, zero !! Mikko is very frustrated...I can understand him, but I we are realistic-even with ten days testing he is not capable to fight against Ogier & JML (not to mention Dani ...)
    I suspect, that Matton has already given up on both of them...they will receive after the end of Walles envelope, in which will be kindly explained, that Citroen Sport does not need their services anymore...

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucci
    According to the article from rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm ... index.html) R.Kubica had one day testing prior to Walles Rallye. Mikko and Dani on the other side nothing, zero !! Mikko is very frustrated...I can understand him, but I we are realistic-even with ten days testing he is not capable to fight against Ogier & JML (not to mention Dani ...)
    I suspect, that Matton has already given up on both of them...they will receive after the end of Walles envelope, in which will be kindly explained, that Citroen Sport does not need their services anymore...
    true.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

It may be that Citroën also runs out of money.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump