Page 788 of 809 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788789790798 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 8083

Thread: WRC Testing

  1. #7871
    Member Revman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    97
    Like
    56
    Liked 96 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Let's admit JML is a different person this year. A good result would not be surprising at all.
    I have not followed the sport long enough to know who he was, but I absolutely enjoy who he is.

  2. #7872
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    148
    Like
    10
    Liked 124 Times in 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    I have not followed the sport long enough to know who he was, but I absolutely enjoy who he is.
    Unless you havent already checked eWRC out you should. https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...atti-latvala/1
    Jari-Matti used to crack under the pressure and made a shit ton of silly mistakes, either he tried too much on start of season and ruined his championship change that way or if he made it to later parts of the season still fighting he didnt manage to bring it home.
    He has gotten better and better but French domination have made a bit of a dent to Latvala's, Hirvonen's and to all the finnish fans hopes that would we ever beat Loeb or Ogier. But this new Latvala and all the finnish youngster are bringing the hope back, finally.
    Last edited by Essaj; 10th August 2017 at 23:37.

  3. Likes: Andre Oliveira (10th August 2017),steve.mandzij (11th August 2017)
  4. #7873
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    853
    Like
    96
    Liked 522 Times in 285 Posts
    Slight correction:

    Jari-Matti has not really become better from 2015 to 2016 and in second half of 2016 he was clearly the worst performing Polo. So much you could hear people saying he should end his career. After VW left he did a probably too honest interview about how he tried to mimic Ogier in everything and lost his confidence.

    ... enter 2017 with Toyota and he suddenly was reliable and lately also very fast. Some change.

  5. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017)
  6. #7874
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    3,439
    Like
    1,417
    Liked 2,733 Times in 1,222 Posts
    Tšnak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIr4qofLC90

    proper rain day, hopefully dry one tomorrow
    Tšnak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

  7. #7875
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    19,634
    Like
    325
    Liked 1,857 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Unless you havent already checked eWRC out you should. https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...atti-latvala/1
    Jari-Matti used to crack under the pressure and made a shit ton of silly mistakes, either he tried too much on start of season and ruined his championship change that way or if he made it to later parts of the season still fighting he didnt manage to bring it home.
    He has gotten better and better but French domination have made a bit of a dent to Latvala's, Hirvonen's and to all the finnish fans hopes that would we ever beat Loeb or Ogier. But this new Latvala and all the finnish youngster are bringing the hope back, finally.
    this new latvala is no different from the old... the difference is that the toyota is crap so he is out of contention early and drives without pressure, while in the VW he was competitive and crashed... if toyota gives the management to a proper team and the car gets competitive Latvala will crash again.
    The North Will Rise Again

  8. #7876
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    460
    Like
    1,908
    Liked 215 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    this new latvala is no different from the old... the difference is that the toyota is crap so he is out of contention early and drives without pressure, while in the VW he was competitive and crashed... if toyota gives the management to a proper team and the car gets competitive Latvala will crash again.
    You're so fucking dense. Just admit you're wrong for once.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  9. #7877
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    19,634
    Like
    325
    Liked 1,857 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    You're so fucking dense. Just admit you're wrong for once.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    sorry kid, but no...
    The North Will Rise Again

  10. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th August 2017),pantealex (11th August 2017)
  11. #7878
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,347
    Like
    1,231
    Liked 1,980 Times in 930 Posts

  12. #7879
    Manager
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Teijo, Finland
    Posts
    7,401
    Like
    101
    Liked 72 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    this new latvala is no different from the old... the difference is that the toyota is crap so he is out of contention early and drives without pressure, while in the VW he was competitive and crashed... if toyota gives the management to a proper team and the car gets competitive Latvala will crash again.
    Care to tell us common people from high above the clouds where you Gods live what exactly is wrong with the car? Giving a comment as "all" will not teach us mortals at all so as specific as you can would be highly appreciated.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

  13. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2017),steve.mandzij (11th August 2017)
  14. #7880
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    338
    Like
    46
    Liked 229 Times in 110 Posts
    Toyota is doing a lot better than everyone expected on their first year. We will see as time goes on, but they have a serious budget and backing. No reason why they shouldn't be at the top in the years to come.

  15. Likes: steve.mandzij (11th August 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •