Page 68 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970781181685681068 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    wait for what, a miracle ??? Citroen Peugeot and ford all were competitive from the start...through the years of evolution of rallying NEVER a car that slow transformed into a winner !!! with restriction in homologation parts nowadays its hard to see magnifiscent results.

Subaru effords is a real pain to watch.....
    I wouldn't call second place the first time out slow! I remenber seeing footage of Citroen testing to replace the Xsara back in 2003. That's 4 years to testing for Citroen vs. a year for Subaru? Peugeot's first year with the 307 was a disaster (not to be bashing Peugeot I love the 307). Can't really comment on Ford since they've been running remakes of the same car for the better part of a decade, not that they even need a new car right now ether.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    I wouldn't call second place the first time out slow!
    You can't really tell how fast the car is from the final standing, and I wouldn't call Subaru was fast in Acropolis. The gap between Loeb and Petter was fairly big, and Petter wouldn't be able to finish 2nd place if not for Ford's troubles. Beside it's hard to tell the car is really fast or not in Acropolis or Turkey. The only conclusion I draw from Acropolis is that Petter took care of the car well.

The real test to see whether the new Subaru is really fast will be Finland.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koko0703
    You can't really tell how fast the car is from the final standing, and I wouldn't call Subaru was fast in Acropolis. The gap between Loeb and Petter was fairly big, and Petter wouldn't be able to finish 2nd place if not for Ford's troubles. Beside it's hard to tell the car is really fast or not in Acropolis or Turkey. The only conclusion I draw from Acropolis is that Petter took care of the car well.

The real test to see whether the new Subaru is really fast will be Finland.
    • The competition in Greece is just as real as in Finland. It might not be as fun to watch but the teams are all fighting for the win just as much.[/*:m:38l3n1yt]
    • If you can’t judge a car by the final position then how do you?[/*:m:38l3n1yt]
    • The Ford teams suffered because they where pushing to the limit and it caught up with them. Weather they where trying to catch up with Lobe or to try and keep the big boys in blue behind them. They where maxed out, plane and simple. Solberg and Mr. Mills won 2nd fare and even.[/*:m:38l3n1yt]

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Pics from Markus Grönholms last test of his Div 1 Rallycross car befort his debut in the ERC round in sweden

http://www.backmansfoto.se/
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Pics from Markus Grönholms last test of his Div 1 Rallycross car befort his debut in the ERC round in sweden

http://www.backmansfoto.se/
    Hvis noe feil på bilen skall kunde ha dette reparert

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    If you can’t judge a car by the final position then how do you?
    Simple, clock tells if a car is fast or not and new Subaru has not shown any signs of being fast enough to win. Only way to win is to hope others to retire.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    • The competition in Greece is just as real as in Finland. It might not be as fun to watch but the teams are all fighting for the win just as much.[/*:m:15x7kix4]
    • If you can’t judge a car by the final position then how do you?[/*:m:15x7kix4]
    • The Ford teams suffered because they where pushing to the limit and it caught up with them. Weather they where trying to catch up with Lobe or to try and keep the big boys in blue behind them. They where maxed out, plane and simple. Solberg and Mr. Mills won 2nd fare and even.[/*:m:15x7kix4]
    I didn't say Petter cheated to finish in 2nd place. He drove smartly and deserves 2nd place without any questions.

As DonJippo already pointed out, my point was new Subaru never showed any indication of speed to match Citroen or Ford. Just like you said, everybody is fighting for a win. Then why didn't Subaru win any stage in leg one? Both Subaru even had better road position than Loeb or Mikko on the leg one.

If all Citroen and Ford retire, I wouldn't say Subaru was the fastest just because Subaru finished first.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Märtin is very happy about new Subaru's tarmac speed: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uut...2008/06/666388

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Martin says he has to drive outside his element to do the testing for other drivers. Maybe that had something to do with the pace during testing.