Page 645 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356436446456466476556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 12690

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    Watching the video I think maybe it would be better to make the aerodynamics from more parts. (Make totally on purpose some strips/ streaks where in case of impact it can break away easily) I mean when you hit the tree with right rear end of your car you loose only right rear part of aerodynamics and another 2/3 of aerodynamics at the rear are still working properly. This was very small "kiss" and he lost it all.
    I take it you are not a fluid dynamics engineer. Lose 1/3 of the aerodynamics and the other 2/3 then become a) Just drag or b) at worst, a serious cause of imbalance.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (16th December 2016),itix (16th December 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    In years gone by all this stuff would have happened and no one would know a thing about it. Now in 2016 we get to over-analyse every small thing. Ripping a rear bumper off in testing seems pretty normal. Nothing to see here.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (16th December 2016),GravelBen (16th December 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy '17 season.
    I plan to enjoy it, hugely! But I can help being restless by the speed of these fantastic beasts every time a new video comes out and the idea I’ll have to wait 5 loooooong months for Portugal Rally!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    But I can help being restless by the speed of these fantastic beasts every time a new video comes out
    Though faster, they look stable enough to me.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Not idiots, but thiefs. Moneywise.
    Hm yeah, perhaps but this is bit OT, and I'm not the one to judge them.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Having discovered last Thursday the Yaris WRC on the Corsican asphalt, Jari-Matti Latvala was in Italy this weekend at the wheel of his Audi Quattro for the Prealpi Master Show (December 10-11).

No rest for the Finn who found on Monday morning the Yaris steering wheel for a new day of testing, still on asphalt, organized this time in France.
    The former Volkswagen driver then flew to Finland and more precisely Helsinki, or this Tuesday, the Toyota Gazoo Racing Team officially introduced its team as well as the Yaris WRC 2017.
    On Wednesday, Jari-Matti Latvala was back in France for four more days of testing. After a day on the asphalt, which ended in hospital after pain in the back, the Finnishman took control of his new mount this time on earth this Thursday. (=> Videos of the day on earth)
    The Toyota driver will finish his "big week" by two more days before being replaced by his teammate Juho Hanninen.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/semaine-c...matti-latvala/

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Having discovered last Thursday the Yaris WRC on the Corsican asphalt, Jari-Matti Latvala was in Italy this weekend at the wheel of his Audi Quattro for the Prealpi Master Show (December 10-11).

No rest for the Finn who found on Monday morning the Yaris steering wheel for a new day of testing, still on asphalt, organized this time in France.
    The former Volkswagen driver then flew to Finland and more precisely Helsinki, or this Tuesday, the Toyota Gazoo Racing Team officially introduced its team as well as the Yaris WRC 2017.
    On Wednesday, Jari-Matti Latvala was back in France for four more days of testing. After a day on the asphalt, which ended in hospital after pain in the back, the Finnishman took control of his new mount this time on earth this Thursday. (=> Videos of the day on earth)
    The Toyota driver will finish his "big week" by two more days before being replaced by his teammate Juho Hanninen.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/semaine-c...matti-latvala/
    What I heard, father Jari drove last runs in Quattro at Prealpi as Jari-Matti had to rush to the tests. Busy times.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Is it me, or are the centre vains on that diffuser flexible, made of rubber stop them getting ripped off. You can see them flexing at 3.42

Steve

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000 View Post
    Is it me, or are the centre vains on that diffuser flexible, made of rubber stop them getting ripped off. You can see them flexing at 3.42

Steve
    Looks that way, yes. Almost like mudflappers.

Wonder what that means aerodynamically?