Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx dude, he is not doing bad at all. Seems that the Xsara haven't lost much ... eventually it will during the year because of other cars development, but I hope not so badly (you know why I'm so interested lol !)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New car?

Transmission and suspension were litle changed from the Xsara WRC!

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...967565,00.html
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quoting the WRC.com website in regards to the WRC is like quoting George W Bush in regards to Islamic culture. WRC.com are rubbish. Of course when they've changed the whole floorpan of the car and to a different model there would have been fairly major changes at least in the suspension........ Transmission of course wouldn't change much of course.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I find WRC.com ok. Granted,a bit slow on breaking news stories, and being the official WRC site, I would expect more articles to be written.
    But apart from that, they do some good informative stuff.
    As for the C4 article, clearly it was just written and worded simple, so the avarage layman in the street could relate to what's gone into the project..
    As appose to an avid rally fan, which probably knows roughly what it's all about, so therefore the article would come across as a bit dire with a "that's obvious" feel about it !!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Grönholm said today that Loeb would drive faster with his old Xsara. I fully agree. There is still no evidence at all that C4 is faster than Xsara even on tarmac.
    Remember this: Two best tarmac drivers are driving in dry conditions which are best suitable for them. At the same time Grönholm has gearbox problems and especially not as good dry weather tyres as Citroen drivers have.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    yes well Loeb has had years to get used to the Xsara in competition and the C4 is new to competition. To be leading is a huge achievement.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Of course when they've changed the whole floorpan of the car and to a different model there would have been fairly major changes at least in the suspension........ Transmission of course wouldn't change much of course.
    I don't follow your logic Daniel.

Changing the floorpan does not, by itself, mean that the suspension should be changed.
    The Xsara was a success, and their is no reason to change for change sake. Citroen would have learned from the mistakes of Peugeot, and would not want to repeat them.

Looking at the WRC.com item quoted, it may have been written by Martin Holmes who now contributes stuff to WRC.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    I don't follow your logic Daniel.

Changing the floorpan does not, by itself, mean that the suspension should be changed.
    The Xsara was a success, and their is no reason to change for change sake. Citroen would have learned from the mistakes of Peugeot, and would not want to repeat them.

Looking at the WRC.com item quoted, it may have been written by Martin Holmes who now contributes stuff to WRC.com
    Yes but to a certain extent they are stuck with the roadcar suspension in terms of mounts. Of course they are able to move mounting points within certain limits but inevitably the suspension geometry will not be the same so a brand new suspension will be required. If the only new thing required was a new engine all they would have done is tested the new engine on an engine dyno and sent Loeb out to play on the Monte with the same suspension and transmission. Of course there will always be a certain amount of carryover but this is not simply a Xsara with a different skin.........

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Nothing special!? You gotta be kidding!

A 1-2 victory on a very first outing is always something special in my book.

C'mon guys, give credit where it's due...
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes a 1-2 is very good but there are still some quiestion marks. For example when Loeb was cruising with the Xsara on tarmac he was still winning all the stages(Corsica 2005) but not anymore. They were very slow ysterday and letting even Atkinson beat them on tarmac. That would have not happened with the Xsara.
    The history of the Ford Focus WRC http://web.zone.ee/focushistory/