Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "patrick carpeniter"

He is from Atlantics i believe.
    CLARENCE PAGE: For those who have no defense for what they do, playing the \"hater\" card is a good way to go on the offense. Don\'t like what I do? Hey, you must be a hater.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just shows the ignorance people have for Atlantics. There's a full list of alumni on their site, here's a few familiar names. Dan Wheldon, Luis Diaz, Ryan Dalzail, Michael Valiante, Anthony Lazzaro, Hiro Matsush!ta, Michael Andretti, Buddy Rice, Mark Dismore, Alex Barron, Memo Gidley, Richie Hearn, AJ Allmendinger, Scott Goodyear, Jimmy Vasser, Alex Tagliani, Roberto Moreno, Andrew Bordin, Keke Rosberg, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Sam Hornish Jr., Alex Figge, Ronnie Bremer, et al.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    he did both. mainly atlantics but two races for Canaska Racing in indy lights in 94 tpp.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    oriol servia, christiano da matta, tony kanaan, helio, patrick carpeniter, adrian fernandez, casey mears, jimmy vasser, dan welldone.
    Vasser? Carpentier? Wheldon ran in both. the other six were Indy lights alumni.

http://www.champcaratlantic.com/Driv...iverAlumni.asp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indy_Lights
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indy_Pro_Series
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Atlantics is still the best form of open wheel racing in this country. Prior to that it was super vee. look how many drivers came out of that form. Forgot a Canadian driver from your Atlantic list...Claude B.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pits4me
    just shows the ignorance people have for Atlantics. There's a full list of alumni on their site, here's a few familiar names. Dan Wheldon, Luis Diaz, Ryan Dalzail, Michael Valiante, Anthony Lazzaro, Hiro Matsush!ta, Michael Andretti, Buddy Rice, Mark Dismore, Alex Barron, Memo Gidley, Richie Hearn, AJ Allmendinger, Scott Goodyear, Jimmy Vasser, Alex Tagliani, Roberto Moreno, Andrew Bordin, Keke Rosberg, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Sam Hornish Jr., Alex Figge, Ronnie Bremer, et al.

Most of the posts are in response to your post:

Quote :"Except the IPS and Indy Lights have one common element, both fail to really develop driver talent. Atlantic's has the legacy and the alumni. To leave them out of the open wheel equation is a big mistake" End Quote

We are not ignorant of the Atlantic Graduates... just want to show that the Indy Lights Series had more than their share of talent too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Atlantic Series that remains is no longer attractive to sponsors. It will be difficult to secure funding in this and future seasons.

That tells you everything. See in 2007 the Atlantic purse was half of the Champ Car Purse per race.

Now this is the kicker, the IPS Purse was $175,000 more than Atlantics and nearly as much as the Champ Car Series. ($25,000 less)

Atlantics must become the opening rear engine series to move drivers to the IPS and then up. It is not only about developing drivers but teams so they can step up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    If they want to continue running Atlantics, they need it to become a F3 equivalent. If not they should have either merged it with IPS or set up a too tier system like they did with Indy lights and Atlantics.
    I wonder what is the current budget for an F3 team?

And what will happen with Jonathan Bomarito and the 2007 Star Mazda Champ Dane Cameron now that they have no ride?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by !!WALDO!!
    The Atlantic Series that remains is no longer attractive to sponsors. It will be difficult to secure funding in this and future seasons.

That tells you everything. See in 2007 the Atlantic purse was half of the Champ Car Purse per race.

Now this is the kicker, the IPS Purse was $175,000 more than Atlantics and nearly as much as the Champ Car Series. ($25,000 less)

Atlantics must become the opening rear engine series to move drivers to the IPS and then up. It is not only about developing drivers but teams so they can step up.
    ANOTHER FACTUAL ERROR !!

My friend, my dear dear friend....
    You forget
    CCWS may have stated a winners purse but it was NEVER PAID!
    SO....what is half of nothing?
    I believe the under the breath talk around the garages by those with any business accumen was " why are the Atlantic guys getting checks and we aren't, whot gives eh ?"

They may have been short changed several times a year for a number of years but the Atlantics did have a lawyer that wasn't connected to the "control group", enough said.

For my money Atlantics provide MORE excitement per minute of track time than any other profesional series anywhere on pavement and you KNOW what I mean.
    IF I was King Atlantics would have another 100 horse and narrower tires AND be the formula for F-1 with lesser horsed cars as "ladder series" rides.
    ONE TUB would work from beginer to F-1 and there would only be one series world wide ATLANTICS matriculation thru mastery of greater HP cars with increasingly narrower tires and possibly greater ground effect appendages.
    COSTS would drop like lead and everyone would have a clear path with known costs upfront and reliable long term equipment...start and finish in the same series. Why have so many dirvergent paths to an enevitable end anyway, it happens to work for the taxi guys...sort of.
    :arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Red face OH! By the way....

Can you visualize 30 Atlantic cars rolling out of turn 4 at Irwindale or Grundy or Salem or Iowa?
    Hell run the old ones out, on a clay oval like Manzy as entry level lowbuck deals. mokin:
    :arrows:Comparing those times is comparing a NASA scientist with a Nascar fan...IT WONT WORK!