Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    David Bogie! Definately got the talent, hope he has the cash to match....

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I dont think that in same scale, but I belive there will be other managers that now get more space after Timo stops, rally is still fortunatly about driving so if a guy can drive good enough he will find a seat for sure, but Jouhkis boys sure has been a breed f their own, everyone has won a WRC rally except Gardemeister + Juha and Tommi the absolute elite of rally sport alltime, only Carlos and Loeb can show a simular CV.
    Makinen or Gronholm to take over as the Finnish Rally "godfather" maybe ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Makinen or Gronholm to take over as the Finnish Rally "godfather" maybe ?
    Mäkinens hands are full with subaru i guess, Grönholm for sure will help young drivers but there is others too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I hope that Sami will spot this thread and share his view of today.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I rate Peter Zachrisson very highly, no money or sponsor though.
    I agree, he is a fast driver - nice that you know who he is.

Regarding Swedes I think Andreas Sjölander is a big talent, though he has had a bit of bad luck this winter and not been on the pace in the Fiesta Cup I still think he is the fastest junior in Sweden right now. Patrik Sandell also has made a big step forward after winning almost every stage in Sweden with the S2000 car against all the N4s.

Who is this Sebastién Ogier? I've never heard of him before Mexico, and I'm impressed with his performance there.

From Norway, the country otherwise coated in money , I think Sveinung Bieltvedt is a talent. Don't think he has a big budget though, so I guess we'll never see him in Mikkelsens car. Trond Svenkerud is another Norwegian I rank high after seeing his results, he even led in front of Henning when he drove a Fiesta in a Norwegian event this winter.

And, as always, I'd like to see Kris Meeke in a factory car one day.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    How about Matti Rantanen, what do you guys think of him ?
    He is good, but not that good as Anton Alén, Juho Hänninen and Jarkko Nikara.

From Norway, I think Mikkelsen and Østberg will be future stars. Mikkelsen for sure, money seems not a problem with his father. Stenshorne is very fast in Group N cars and Eyvind Brynildsen is a young talent.

Sébastien Ogier had an excellent performance in his first WRC rally and is good on tarmac, on gravel and not bad on snow/ice.

From Italy, Simone Campedelli and Alessandro Bettega are also talented. If they can get enough sponsors in the future, they will stars as well.

Guy Wilks and Kris Meeke are good, but they have money problems... Matthew Wilson is not so bad as last year it seems. Maybe he can take regular points this year, we will see.

The biggest talented young boy from Sweden is Patrik Flodin, I think. Andersson has a lot of potential, too.

I hope Jan Kopecký can show again his speed this year.

From Estonia, Egon Kaur is only 20 years and has done good until now in the Estonian championship.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    The biggest talented young boy from Sweden is Patrik Flodin, I think. Andersson has a lot of potential, too.
    And Sandell.
    Another Flying Finn

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    The main problem with the swedish talents is that they always fell short when good oportunities arise....Carlson is a very good example...he literally tore the competiton apart in JWRC in an era were JWRC was very very strong and when he jumped in a wrc car he just wasn't there anymore....

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Mäkinens hands are full with subaru i guess, Grönholm for sure will help young drivers but there is others too.
    Grönholm said somewhere that he was happy being a mentor, helping young drivers with their driving and stuff, but he could not see himself as a manager. He was still “fed up” with sponsor hunting and such from back in his own early years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Grönholm said somewhere that he was happy being a mentor, helping young drivers with their driving and stuff, but he could not see himself as a manager. He was still “fed up” with sponsor hunting and such from back in his own early years.
    much possible, but there is other things ex-driver with good connections can do too, there is many things people dont know about the finnish system to get drivers to the top, in many parts of those ex-champions are involved.
    Aja kovaa Pena.