Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    There is many things people dont know about the finnish system to get drivers to the top, in many parts of those ex-champions are involved.
    What kind of things? Share the secrets now Tomi...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cal
    What kind of things? Share the secrets now Tomi...
    There is no secrets, i mean drive coaching, introducing to right people, telling teams about the upcoming driver and other simular things.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    How about Kalle Pinomäki.

Nowadays I think it’s not enough for the driver to be fast, he/she has also to be suitable. He/she has to be the right guy/girl for the job. What I mean, is that he/she can’t be a jerk with bad delivery because as I see it, the driver is also a member of the marketing team with all the promotions and taking part in the manufacturers, teams and sponsors customer relation happenings.

As Timo Jouhki said backing up a young driver need a commitment (and money) for several years.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    There is no secrets, i mean drive coaching, introducing to right people, telling teams about the upcoming driver and other simular things.
    I know what you mean. Thought you might have known something the rest of us didn't. The Finnish ex-drivers seem good at dealing with the right connections and help talents in that way - they should teach their Swedish counterparts a thing or two.

Nowadays I think it’s not enough for the driver to be fast, he/she has also to be suitable. He/she has to be the right guy/girl for the job. What I mean, is that he/she can’t be a jerk with bad delivery because as I see it, the driver is also a member of the marketing team with all the promotions and taking part in the manufacturers, teams and sponsors customer relation happenings.
    I agree - you don't only have to drive better than the rest, you have to talk better too. Patrik Sandell is equally talented at this alongside his driving, he is a natural PR-man. Does Kalle Pinomäki still have Mad Croc as a sponsor? I noticed he had them last year, when he and Sandell drove for the same team - this year they're Sandell's new main partner.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cal
    I know what you mean. Thought you might have known something the rest of us didn't. The Finnish ex-drivers seem good at dealing with the right connections and help talents in that way - they should teach their Swedish counterparts a thing or two.
    If the Swedish counterparts would not be so egocentric I'm sure there could be A Swede or two on top of the WRC.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Norway, definently Mads Østberg. Mikkelsen is of course a talent but in rally Sweden 2008 I think Østberg little outpaced Mikkelsen. But in Norwegian National Championship they've fighted quite even, if I'm right?

Finland, Juho Hänninen at top but think if Juha Salo would be five years younger He would be the MAN. Still, I don't think it's too late for Salo to try WRC. Alen's also very promising if one looks his career's lenght.

Sweden, Sandell definently. Is he driving full PWRC this year? I'm looking for his efforts in NORF if Finnish N-group top-names take part in it also.

UK, I don't really know who but I really hope from the bottom of my heart that there would come someone It would be a real stimulate for WRC if we could get a superb driver from UK back again to the top after Burns and Colin. R.I.P.

And Matthew Wilson isn't the driver.

France, Sébastien Ogier. Very impressive pace on Mexico but it's too early to say anything outstanding of him. Gotta wait for couple of more JWRC-events.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Patrick Sandell has been excellent in his home soil but I haven't find his overall speed that impressive. I also wouldn't yet hype Ogier too much because there is huge level gap at jwrc.

Flodin seemed good two years ago but he has took some backward steps and is miles away from Hänninen or Alen.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Flodin seemed good two years ago but he has took some backward steps and is miles away from Hänninen or Alen.
    yes, i expected more from him too, but now it looks that his development has stopped.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by julkki
    Sweden, Sandell definently. Is he driving full PWRC this year? I'm looking for his efforts in NORF if Finnish N-group top-names take part in it also.
    Yes, he's doing the full PWRC in Peugeot Sweden's 207 S2000 and he's also doing the full JRC in a Super 1600 Clio for Interspeed, a Serbian team. He did Mexico but had lots of trouble, though he posted a few fastest stage times. I rank him higher than Flodin, as I'm sure most of you do. I agree with Flodin having gone backwards in his development, he's had his share of bad luck but all in all I don't think he has the speed right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing Alén progress though.