Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More chaos... AR1 reports (and I am sorry if this is protected material)...

UPDATE #15
    The wild rumors on this merger continue today. According to AutoRacing1.com sources, and as we reported about 8 hours ago, Gerald Forsythe pulled out of the merger deal last night. He and Paul Gentilozzi are trying to rally enough cars to go it alone as Champ Car. We hear that Kevin Kalkhoven and Dan Pettit are moving on to the IRL. We hear that an approach from Gentilozzi to Panoz to buy in and save the contract is waiting a reply. We also hear that Forsythe may be trying to prevent the Long Beach race from falling in the hands of the IRL.

There is an old fable wherby two people fight over an object, and during the fight, the object is lost, and neither party ends up with it.

So goes open wheel racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaimWitz
    Actually TG isn't in trouble. He has proven he is committed to the sport and the Amigos have done the opposite. He also has enough income from IMS the keep on ticking and is willing to subsuidize the cars and teams coming over from the CCWS.

Doesn't it occur to you and your pals on ****wagon.com that he can now easily obtain a full field in for the 2008 season thanks to the foolish mistakes of the Amigos? You and Sanguin and Clydekart (are you all the same guy?) like to point at the "13 cars" that the IRL has currently confirmed (actually, I hear it is 15). Common sense indicates that, with the likely addition of Walker, NHL and PVK that the probably have 18-21 cars and are not "in trouble". Honda's direct involvement it the unification efforts suggests that they are sticking with the IRL and the recent implosion of whatever credibility was left for the Amigos leads rational folks to conclude that TG has already won the war.

Perhaps you should go back to ****wagon.com and join in today's pathetic and delusional prayer session to Gerry and Paulie G-String led by Paper and the high priests of deception.
    Speaking of dilusional, since when was TG's solution in the best interest of a global open wheel audience?

GF and KK have accompished more strategically for open wheel in the last few years than TG has done in a decade.

If Tony George, Honda, Kevin Kalkhoven and Jerry Forsythe had been able to work out an eleventh-hour deal to make a merger happen there would have been a large number of seriously injured entities from spurned Champ Car tracks to drivers whose personal sponsorship deals were based on foreign races. There would also have been a tremendous amount of disgruntlement from the small Champ Car teams who would have had little time or resources to properly prepare themselves to go racing with a new car/engine package and from the smaller IRL teams who would have found themselves blown off by the better Champ Car teams and reduced to roles as even more marginal players. And too, a merger may also have presaged the ultimate destruction of Cosworth, one of racing's most historic and accomplished engine builders--although that sad occurence may yet happen. Gordon Kirby - Feb. 11, 2008
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    GF might be right to himself - while in CCWS he is a top team and after N/H/L leaves his team might be the best - in a unified series he will be a grid-filler.
    What pathetic little man. His insult to the old CART legacy might continue to live for several series, but nobody will watch it.
    Indy Car (and not IRL) forever!
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speaking of deliusional, what are you smokin' Pits4me? The ineptitude of the Amigos has created the current mess. There has only been strategery from these clowns. They had no real plan only a real scam. They were found out at Sebring in 2007 and it has be slow swirling slide down the toilet bowl drain since then.

So, are you really going to be one of those tedious old men wearing an orange and black shirt railing on about something nobody care about but you and the 406 other fanatics who will still go to a certain hate site for daily affirmations?

One series is the only way forward and reality dictates that it won't be the train wreck now known as ChampCar. Get used to it.
    OWRS-- Began January 28, 2004 and ended on February 22, 2008!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey ChaimWitz,

Why are you such a jerk?

Why don't you let people share their opinion without calling them delusional?

ChampCar fans have the right to hope ChampCar stays in business, but you do not have the right to degrade everyone that does not agree with you.

Right now ChampCar and the IRL are still separate, as are the forums, so please go back to the IRL forum to discuss how delusional the ChampCar fans are.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaimWitz
    Speaking of deliusional, what are you smokin' Pits4me? The ineptitude of the Amigos has created the current mess. There has only been strategery from these clowns. They had no real plan only a real scam. They were found out at Sebring in 2007 and it has be slow swirling slide down the toilet bowl drain since then.

So, are you really going to be one of those tedious old men wearing an orange and black shirt railing on about something nobody care about but you and the 406 other fanatics who will still go to a certain hate site for daily affirmations?

One series is the only way forward and reality dictates that it won't be the train wreck now known as ChampCar. Get used to it.
    You're full of ****, buddy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Hey ChaimWitz,

Why are you such a jerk?

ChampCar fans have the right to hope ChampCar stays in business, but you do not have the right to degrade everyone that does not agree with you.

Right now ChampCar and the IRL are still separate, as are the forums, so please go back to the IRL forum to discuss how delusional the ChampCar fans are.
    Why would he want to go back there? Only 15 people online in that forum, 181 here. Pretty much a good ratio of CC fans to IRL "fans"; 12:1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybigb
    Hey ChaimWitz,

Why are you such a jerk?

Benny, Pits has often thrown personal attacks in the past as I've received some myself. And frankly, Chaimwitz's post is simply his expressing his opinion as a former CCWS fan that had an involvement with the Amigos as i did. And do yourself a favor during these times where CCWS is about to be flushed...don't be telling people where to go to express themselves about the reality of what's coming...IMO, of course.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PTCrash3
    You're full of ****, buddy.
    Ahh, another visitor from that dark place! Dude, go find somewhere else to throw the attacks as Starter will be reaching out to you shortly. And just so we're clear, Chaimwitz is right on the money and the press conference will confirm that quite clearly...IMO, of course

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fanatics, please chill.

I am anything but an IRLista. I am a realist. I also was a fan of CART and someone who spent my entire professional life trying to build this sport. I also got to see the Amigos (you so love) in action and as a result, I know better when the hate wave crests here from ****wagon.com.

In my direct personal experience and in the harsh light of reality, the Fab Four are the ones who spew BS and they are the ones who have led the sport to this sad, pathetic and desperate place. Sure TG is responsible for the split. A pox on him for that but this mess must end now regardless, even if he is in control.

I know you believe that all hope is lost if TG wins. But I see it differently. I think that all hope is lost for those who hate TG and want to see him punished. That seems to cover several posters here on this forum so good luck with that kiddies! Recent history has proven you can't build a real business around hate. Spite is not something that attracts. It repels.

This last minute hate barrage lead by a Paper tiger will fail as surely as the mythical five year plan did.

I make my living in this sport. I say put the liars, hobby boys and haters on the last bus to nowhere and let's get back to building the sport.
    OWRS-- Began January 28, 2004 and ended on February 22, 2008!