Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Done Deal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hear, hear!!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Id rather be watching Champ Car but if the IRL is all i can get then ill guess ill have to make do with that.

As far as i view it, it will be the IRL with Champ Car teams/drivers competing. The only way it will be like Champ Car is if they bring back the turbos and gets a decent looking car - even the old Dallara looks better than the latest thing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll wait for the official press release - but I'm chilling down the bubbly..... At least I can get excited about my hobby again!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll mourn when it's official. My wife and I were making plans for Mt. Tremblant this summer so we could introduce our 8 year old to the glorious sound of turbo Cosworths...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure that some people or entities would get some or give some with a melding of the two series, and TG's quote in there would indicate that the fat lady is headed toward the microphone as far as the deal being done is concerned, but overall, the SPORT would win with this.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If true, this is great news for AOWR. If it's not true, it looks like the CCWS lost the PR battle and is all but finished anyway. So this unification/merger/hostile takeover will now happen regardless of what CC does.

I guess it's time to print some "TG Still Sucks" t-shirts and head down to LB for a business permit!
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whatever floats your boat, Rex, and I suppose a lot of folks at CW feel the same way although I haven't lurked over there this morning. Just as a thought, I think it would bring to an end the focus on who's running each series and add more focus to the drivers, teams, tracks and races. Like I said earlier, with a unified series, the SPORT wins.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    True or not, isn't the big picture the important thing? Surely what's important is that this is a new beginning for OWR in the US.

The Split has almost destroyed OWR. With a solution seemingly at hand people can either spend time raking over the ashes of how things were, or look forward to what they could be in a unified series.

Sorry, but not in my view. Open wheel racing in America dies for me the day the merger (capitulation) happens. I did not stick with Champcar to see it fold and become the series I have fundamental leadership issues with. My principals cannot allow me to fall in line and support the [fill in the blank] series.

In my view, this whole thing is a complete cock up and I see no value in it.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indycool
    Whatever floats your boat, Rex, and I suppose a lot of folks at CW feel the same way although I haven't lurked over there this morning.
    It won't float my boat, but there's probably enough people who feel the same way that it would pay for my mooring fees in the fish bowl!
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    Sorry, but not in my view. Open wheel racing in America dies for me the day the merger (capitulation) happens. I did not stick with Champcar to see it fold and become the series I have fundamental leadership issues with. My principals cannot allow me to fall in line and support the [fill in the blank] series.

In my view, this whole thing is a complete cock up and I see no value in it.
    I understand you're admiration for CC but the series is all but dead. I figure you'll come around once the season starts but if not, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton