ski boot batteries,
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate these things.
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate these things.
    There are some people who have bad circulation, and the ski boot warmers do help against frozen feet and foot cramp.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can save a bit of weight by going "old style" and using a toothbrush and a shaver that doesn't need batteries.
    but I agree, even with the limitations Daniel already mentioned, a universal charger would be awesome
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Most chargers will auto switch between 110v and 230v. I've got a charger in my car which has an ipaq type barell connector on the end but has adapters for usb, nokia, and a few other mobile phones.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    2 for two different cell phones,
    You can sometimes get chargers with interchangable ends which will charge different makes of mobile phones.

toothbrush,
    Take a manual toothbrush ya lazy get

laptop,
    Not much you can do about that. But the power supply usually isn't too massive.

ski boot batteries,
    ya big wussy

camera,
    Do what I did and make sure you get a camera which takes ordinary AA batteries, then you don't have to deal with such nonsense. You just take a load of charged up rechargeables with you and you are all good.

logitech mouse,
    You need a charger for a mouse?! Doesn't your laptop have a touchpad anyway?

rechargeable batteries,
    Always a good one.

shaver
    Can't do without that .

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Most chargers will auto switch between 110v and 230v. I've got a charger in my car which has an ipaq type barell connector on the end but has adapters for usb, nokia, and a few other mobile phones.
    I made the mistake of plugging in the 110V charger in Val D'Isere, but it not only fried the charger but it also buggered up one of the expensive batteries.

As I said above, my better half has poor circulation and get's frozen feet and cramps in her feet as a result. I gave her the batteries I had bought for my boots so she can have two sets of batteries.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I sympathise. When I go away, I have to take chargers for my camera (it's a digital SLR so it's unavoidable — and it was bought in the USA, so the charger requires an adapter), iPod, mobile phone and razor. Not as long as the list at the start of this thread, but still annoying.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate having to cart large volumes of charger /dongle type equipment with me whenever I go away, and the problem is getting larger not smaller with time.

Wouldn't it be great if all types of consumer electronics standardised upon something like a cheap and cheerful 12v car cigarette lighter socket supplying current at something convenient like 200mA???

I fear that this will never happen because it's a bit like the old story about Xerox machines, you know the one...

The Xerox machine company supplies their machines at a fraction of the acutal cost of making them, so that they sell lots of machines, at the same time, you have to put a Xerox cartridge in the machine to make it work, and the market for cartridges is worth far more than that for the machines.

I fear that the market for power supplies and other widgets we need to make all our consumer electronics work is worth far too much money for any standardisation to occur in the near future.
    Adventure without risk is Disneyland.

Admin
    I don't believe so. I doubt Nokia make much money selling chargers, rather than phones, for example. Besides there are already companies making after market chargers for various things.

There are a few charger standards, such as the Ipaq barrell connector, and the now quite common mini-USB connector, which seems to be standard on all Windows Mobile devices, and even on my sat nav.