Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2009 Dakar Rally - official thread

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64687

Kinda dissapointed they didn't include Bolivia on their route, but still think they made a good decision, I know the rally won't be as spectacular as the original Dakar but let's be honest, defying the terrorists and go racing to the Sahara with the big risk of them getting killed with a bomb or something similar wasn't the best idea, I know this could mean the terrorists win but it's just a sport in the end and risking peoples lives for it wasn't worth.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    so it's not the Dakar rally any more?

Exclamation Igegolds.com

Judy Mills is maried to my oldest brother,igegolds sell wow power leveling Landess. She always brings from-scratch baked beans to family picnics, and they are good. She goes on and on buy wow power levelingabout how much better they are because she started with dried beans. When I started working on this book, World of Warcraft power leveling I asked Landess to watch her make the beans and write out the recipe for me. He laughed and laughed. "She doesn't make those beans from scratch," he said, dashing the story I'd known to be true for more than 50 years.and WoW Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Two errors in the title of these thread then.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    so it's not the Dakar rally any more?
    Not Dakar and the word rally does not belong here also.
    A better title would be, how I make more money on rich people.
    They comes their to obtain som pleasure in a world where others have to do everything to survive.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    It's another event I never liked until I watched the 2006 Dakar and each day's highlights. Now I think it's a fantastic event. If you look at it from tactics, the sheer endurance and what the drivers, teams, and cars go through to just get to the finish of each day is pretty amazing.

It's 100% a rally in my opinion, and one motorsport event (whether it's in south america, or Africa) that should be kept. If rich people want to go and blow their cash on motorsport rather than expensive apartments then fine by me! Gives us all something to watch!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    They comes their to obtain som pleasure in a world where others have to do everything to survive.
    And how is that different from the WRC when it goes to places like Mexico or maybe Turkey? There are certainly poor people there, and perhaps the passage of people with money through the region will help to boost the economy just a little.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Count with me at the start ramp

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    What is your problem with the Dakar rally? Did the Dakar rally crash your wife, steal your dog and sleep with your car?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Milan Loprais was testing new upgrades on his Tatra 815-2ZO R45 12.400 4x4.1 truck as well as new co-driver Vojtěch Štajf (normaly Subaru Rally driver). Some interesting things in the article. They tested the car without speed limiter to give new FOX shock absorbers the hardest possible test. The car had top speed of cca 200 km/h and acceleration 0-100 km/h in 12 seconds with more than 800 Hp and 9 tons of mass

Some photos here:
    http://www.loprais.cz/loprais/index....&id_clanku=434
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    When does the Dakar start, the official site is always slow to load ?

I guess the tv coverage will be as slim as usual.