PDA

View Full Version : rac rally

sxis
5th December 2006, 17:25
any news about next years roger albert ?

Talbot
6th December 2006, 09:52
The date's yet to be announced, but apparently it's going to be a week or so earlier in '07
Looking forward to it already!

h704 fde
6th December 2006, 13:25
can`t wait for next year`s rac rally looking forward to it allready

imull
7th December 2006, 19:27
well, I'll be there. Looking for a competitive ride already on the off chance that Paul Daniel doesnt do it again.

Get the wife to let you play Talbot. Believe me, it'll be worth it. Yeah the date is a week earlier. Nov 10th I think

Too much fun this year to not do it again. Another Tour of Mull I think :D

imull
7th December 2006, 22:33
just off the phone with Magic. crank snapped clean in two but no damage whatsoever to the engine. it looks like the crank moved slightly forward 1/16" and the crank position sensor was getting no signal so the engine wasnt going to do anything...

sure he mentioned something about a BD and RAC in the call too. wonder waht that could mean ;)

J4MIE
7th December 2006, 23:55
You still have unfinished business though ;)

Talbot
8th December 2006, 15:05
Get the wife to let you play Talbot. Believe me, it'll be worth it. Yeah the date is a week earlier. Nov 10th I think

That's the plan, mate. I've got all winter to finish my engine rebuild, and at least it's warmer in the garage now the boiler was moved into it as part of the extension work (I didn't want to lose out totally!).

By the sounds of it, you've been quite lucky with your engine. I trust you'll be out to play in it before the RAC???

imull
8th December 2006, 16:44
By the sounds of it, you've been quite lucky with your engine. I trust you'll be out to play in it before the RAC???

Amazingly lucky I would say. Even the shell bearings for the crank could have been usd again! Not every day you'll snap a crank and get away with it lol...

I dont know if I will be out with Paul or not next year as his usual nav doesnt do maps. Having said that Im not sure if Kim will be out with him either yet so will hopefully find out seen. The BDA thoughts would involve a couple of the classic rounds in before hand but as you'll appreciate puying a pukka BDA and 'box dents the season budget no matter how good the potato price is :p :

If thats the case though, I would personally rather do them on maps as a warm up to the big one but that would depend on others wanting to have a friendly challenge too....

Wouldnt it be interesting to get the top dozen or so cars out on some HRCR rounds and show that maps are just as quick if read well.

Talbot
11th December 2006, 15:33
The Roger Albert Clark website has announced the 2007 date - Fri 9th Nov to Mon 12th Nov.
Everyone, put the dates in your (new) diaries/personal organisers, or whatever now!

See you there!

sxis
12th December 2006, 15:20
thanks Talbot I'd not checked the website for a few days. the boss has now booked a weekend off. gonna cost me though she says she needs new glasses cos she can't see the cars in the dark! no driving for her after 4pm!

Talbot
13th December 2006, 09:41
thanks Talbot I'd not checked the website for a few days. the boss has now booked a weekend off. gonna cost me though she says she needs new glasses cos she can't see the cars in the dark! no driving for her after 4pm!

Apparently, there is some truth in the rumour about carrotts. The vitamin E in them can help night vision. No rally driver, co-driver or spectator should be without them!

sxis
21st December 2006, 11:20
Apparently, there is some truth in the rumour about carrotts. The vitamin E in them can help night vision. No rally driver, co-driver or spectator should be without them!

one week on eyesight much improved due to 2lb of carrots per day...... now facing large dentists bill for xtra large front teeth xtraction !

Talbot
17th January 2007, 16:41
Attention all - this years RAC is now 16th to 19th November!
Apparently it now clashes with the WRC event in Ireland. But I know where I'd rather be!

sal
17th January 2007, 18:08
Still waiting to hear the start location, all I know it will still be "local" so it's a no brainer for me. Pity it clashes with Rally Ireland but guess the events are catering for different markets so shouldnt detract too much from either...