PDA

View Full Version : If it wasn't good then why now

Champcar4life
2nd April 2007, 07:05
I heard that the Indy car series, will add more road and street course next year making it looking more like the old CART series, I have one question, if a all oval series was the way too go and the way CART had it with ovals, street and road course was wrong why is Tony George going that way. I am not a fan of the series, but if CART was so wrong and he believe that why follow the same path as the old CART series, its like he willing too walk off the cliff behind them.

Hoss Ghoul
2nd April 2007, 09:28
Uhhh, it was never "wrong". TG just wanted to be the boss. I assume this isn't a serious question...CART had it right all along, although they did start to stink it up from the mid-90's on, straying from ovals and chasing the street course money.

In any event, even if magically AOWR was at the level it was in the mid 90's, no one would care. Things are so massively changed that no merger will help. Crap+Crap=crap. It would still be better than it is now, but humpty dumpty had his great fall, and all the kings men won't be able to put him back together again.

Sorry for the negativity, but after the first two IRL races, and with awful prospects for CC this year, what can anyone expect?

Sandfly
2nd April 2007, 23:44
Uhhh, it was never "wrong". TG just wanted to be the boss. I assume this isn't a serious question...CART had it right all along...

Sorry for the negativity, but after the first two IRL races, and with awful prospects for CC this year, what can anyone expect?

You are right to a point. You should give CC two weeks to show what they can do rather that condemn them based on the IRL performance and offseason rumor. Show a little faith for six days at least.

Wilf
3rd April 2007, 01:27
CHAMPCAR4LIFE - You probably like yelling fire in theaters too. Invest some time in reading previous posts before trolling. You won't make such a fool of yourself!

jarrambide
3rd April 2007, 01:55
My series is better, no my series is better, your owner killed the sport, no, your owners stoped the chance for reunification, your mama is ugly, no, your mama is the ugly one.

Ok, I just typed all of the arguments, no need to keep this thread alive.

But before i go, anyone who opens a "fight" post in any forum (CC or IRL) I will personally bann that person.