PDA

View Full Version : Motogp Round 2 - Jerez

tha_jackal
21st March 2007, 09:53
Allright, should be n interesting race.. A slower track that Qatar with a shorter front straight.. ( no huge power advantage for Ducati, although the acceleration seemed to be the key ;) ) .. Bets in guys and gals..

MotoGP:
1. Pedrosa (home groud advantage)
2. Rossi (just pipped for second again)
3. Capirossi (will repeat good form from last year, not quite enough for the win)
Pole> Hopper (will finish fourth again

250:
1. Lorenzoo (well duh?)
2. Simon (why not, if he's more fit)
3. West (wishful thinking I know, hopefully he gets his bike sorted and can at least get near the top 5)
Pole> Barbera (will crash)

125:
1. Aspar
2. Aspar
3. Polaris
Pole> Talma

Cant wait!!

Valentino Rossi Boy
21st March 2007, 12:58
I think that Rossi will win because Hayden wasn't quick at Qatar and finished 9th

Corny
21st March 2007, 13:16
I think that Rossi will win because Hayden wasn't quick at Qatar and finished 9th

You follow MotoGP?

neninja
21st March 2007, 13:30
250:
3. West (wishful thinking I know, hopefully he gets his bike sorted and can at least get near the top 5)

I love that blind optimism ;-)

Hotbikerchic33
21st March 2007, 17:57
Valentino will win on sunday in 2nd place will be dani and in 3rd casey! :D

Hotbikerchic33
21st March 2007, 18:02
La razza va essere domenica molto buono, so che l'alot di persone pensa che il pedrosa va vincere perché è sul suolo di casa ma su egli il rossi di isnt va vincere col 2 di pedrosa e con lo stoner nel luogo terzo ciò che ogni succede il suo andare essere una razza molto eccitando! :D ;) :)

Its italian for those that didnt know!

The Phantom
22nd March 2007, 00:38
Does it really take twice as many words to say the same thing in Italian? : )

1. Stoner
2. Capirossi
3. Rossi

Pole - Capirossi

fatman
22nd March 2007, 03:56
I think Jerez is too difficult to predict. The back straight is very long and unless Yamaha has pulled out a rabbit, I think the Duc could walk on past down this straight. If Rossi can't get away and he has either Loris or Stoner behind him, he could get beat again. That said, I think Dani will be the one to beat.

My guess

1st. Dani
2nd. Rossi
3rd. Hopper
4th. Stoner
Pole. Dani

Ranger
22nd March 2007, 06:03
I think Jerez is too difficult to predict. The back straight is very long and unless Yamaha has pulled out a rabbit, I think the Duc could walk on past down this straight. If Rossi can't get away and he has either Loris or Stoner behind him, he could get beat again. That said, I think Dani will be the one to beat.

My guess

1st. Dani
2nd. Rossi
3rd. Hopper
4th. Stoner
Pole. Dani

My guess is that those 4 will finish in those positions, give or take the old switcheroo. Capirossi and maybe Edwards and Hayden should also be up there.

So I would pick:

1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Stoner
Pole: Stoner

Hotbikerchic33
22nd March 2007, 09:49
Does it really take twice as many words to say the same thing in Italian? : )

1. Stoner
2. Capirossi
3. Rossi

Pole - Capirossi

But you dont know what i said do you? ;)

NinjaMaster
22nd March 2007, 11:47
But you dont know what i said do you? ;)
From what I can gather, essentially the same thing using twice the words. ;)

Oh yeah, my picks:

1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Pedrosa
Pole. Capirex

jens
22nd March 2007, 14:59
Do not underestimate Toni Elias - he finished 4th last year and could have finished 3rd if he hadn't lost time at the start of the race.

Doubt about Hayden's prospects - seems he still hasn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury.

Kropotkin
22nd March 2007, 16:29
La razza va essere domenica molto buono, so che l'alot di persone pensa che il pedrosa va vincere perché è sul suolo di casa ma su egli il rossi di isnt va vincere col 2 di pedrosa e con lo stoner nel luogo terzo ciò che ogni succede il suo andare essere una razza molto eccitando! :D ;) :)

Its italian for those that didnt know!

Have you been using Babelfish? Here's a guess, and I don't even speak Italian: The race is going to be a good one this Sunday, a lot of people think Pedrosa will win because it's his home race, but something something Rossi will win with Pedrosa in 2nd and Stoner in third place and it's going to be a very exciting race. Or something along those lines ...

Kropotkin
22nd March 2007, 16:31
Anyway, I have a preview of the Jerez MotoGP round (http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/posts/194216.aspx) on my blog. Here's a taster:

Apocalypse Now

In the 18th century, the cream of London society would entertain themselves by taking a jaunt up towards Moorfields, pay a penny to the warden, and stroll through the wards of the Bethlem Royal Hospital to gawp at the antics of those who had the misfortune to suffer from mental illness in less enlightened times. The spectators would titter and gasp at what was known as the Freak Show, the spectacle of the poor lunatics screaming, howling, fighting, gesticulating and gibbering in a world of their own. As a result, the name of the hospital passed into common usage to represent any scene of uncontrolled madness, where noise, smell and spectacle do battle to subdue your senses.

Modern fun seekers can no longer turn to the mental hospitals to provide our entertainment, but they need not despair. For to experience bedlam in its fullest and most glorious sense, they need only make their way down to Jerez for the weekend of the MotoGP Gran Premio de Espana. For on that weekend, the first weekend that the MotoGP series returns to European soil, it is as if a contemporary Hieronymus Bosch had cast up in Southern Spain and unleashed his fevered imagination creating an orgy of surreal motorized mayhem. In the evenings, over 100,000 motorcycle racing fans take over the streets of the city of Jerez, and hold informal, alcohol-fueled stunt competitions deep into the night: modern scooters, brand new sports bikes, 80's muscle bikes and 70's motocross bikes all compete with each other to perform the most insane wheelies, stoppies, endos, and burnouts. All the while, the onlooking fans rev engines, honk horns and ignite skull-splittingly loud "firecrackers" which would be classified as weapons of mass destruction in any other country. The police stand forlornly by, secretly enjoying the spectacle while keeping the very worst of the excesses under control. But there is no guarding of public order or public safety, as the public is so very obviously not interested in either order or safety, and likely to turn violent should either be enforced. It is not uncommon for people to be seriously injured or even die during the evening's entertainment, but that's accepted as just being the risk you run to be part of the show. The spectacle is an assault on every sense imaginable, and a couple you didn't know you had. It truly is something to you have to see before you die. The problem is, it could well be the last thing you see before you die.

After the insanity of Saturday night, joining 130,000 screaming Spanish race fans to watch a bunch of 130 decibel racing motorcycles chasing round a track as fast as physically possible seems like a nice quiet way to recover from the previous evening's bacchanalia. The setting of the race is idyllic: the track nestles in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema mountains, in a surprisingly green part of Andalucia, and sweeps up and down the rolling terrain. The track itself is quite tight and technical, with few places to overtake, the best of which being the sharp Ducados hairpin before the start and finish straight, the place where Valentino Rossi dumped Sete Gibernau into the gravel on the final corner of the race in 2005, sealing Sete's fate before the season had even properly started. And with Rossi able to pass Casey Stoner into the final turn at Qatar, before being blitzed on the straight, the scene is set for another mighty battle at the second stop of the MotoGP season.

Read on... (http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/posts/194216.aspx)

jidoka
22nd March 2007, 22:12
Anyway, I have a preview of the Jerez MotoGP round (http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/posts/194216.aspx) on my blog. Here's a taster:

Apocalypse Now

In the 18th century, the cream of London society would entertain themselves by taking a jaunt up towards Moorfields, pay a penny to the warden, and stroll through the wards of the Bethlem Royal Hospital to gawp at the antics of those who had the misfortune to suffer from mental illness in less enlightened times. The spectators would titter and gasp at what was known as the Freak Show, the spectacle of the poor lunatics screaming, howling, fighting, gesticulating and gibbering in a world of their own. As a result, the name of the hospital passed into common usage to represent any scene of uncontrolled madness, where noise, smell and spectacle do battle to subdue your senses.

Modern fun seekers can no longer turn to the mental hospitals to provide our entertainment, but they need not despair. For to experience bedlam in its fullest and most glorious sense, they need only make their way down to Jerez for the weekend of the MotoGP Gran Premio de Espana. For on that weekend, the first weekend that the MotoGP series returns to European soil, it is as if a contemporary Hieronymus Bosch had cast up in Southern Spain and unleashed his fevered imagination creating an orgy of surreal motorized mayhem. In the evenings, over 100,000 motorcycle racing fans take over the streets of the city of Jerez, and hold informal, alcohol-fueled stunt competitions deep into the night: modern scooters, brand new sports bikes, 80's muscle bikes and 70's motocross bikes all compete with each other to perform the most insane wheelies, stoppies, endos, and burnouts. All the while, the onlooking fans rev engines, honk horns and ignite skull-splittingly loud "firecrackers" which would be classified as weapons of mass destruction in any other country. The police stand forlornly by, secretly enjoying the spectacle while keeping the very worst of the excesses under control. But there is no guarding of public order or public safety, as the public is so very obviously not interested in either order or safety, and likely to turn violent should either be enforced. It is not uncommon for people to be seriously injured or even die during the evening's entertainment, but that's accepted as just being the risk you run to be part of the show. The spectacle is an assault on every sense imaginable, and a couple you didn't know you had. It truly is something to you have to see before you die. The problem is, it could well be the last thing you see before you die.

After the insanity of Saturday night, joining 130,000 screaming Spanish race fans to watch a bunch of 130 decibel racing motorcycles chasing round a track as fast as physically possible seems like a nice quiet way to recover from the previous evening's bacchanalia. The setting of the race is idyllic: the track nestles in the foothills of the Sierra de Grazalema mountains, in a surprisingly green part of Andalucia, and sweeps up and down the rolling terrain. The track itself is quite tight and technical, with few places to overtake, the best of which being the sharp Ducados hairpin before the start and finish straight, the place where Valentino Rossi dumped Sete Gibernau into the gravel on the final corner of the race in 2005, sealing Sete's fate before the season had even properly started. And with Rossi able to pass Casey Stoner into the final turn at Qatar, before being blitzed on the straight, the scene is set for another mighty battle at the second stop of the MotoGP season.

What ever your smoking I want some.............

Kropotkin
22nd March 2007, 22:20
What ever your smoking I want some.............

Well I do live in Holland ...

The Phantom
23rd March 2007, 01:13
Excellent writings, Kropotkin. Finger on the pulse...

patnicholls
23rd March 2007, 01:21
MGP:

1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Capirossi

250cc:

1. Bautista (why not?)
2. Lorenzo
3. Alex de A

125cc:
1. Faubel
2. Pasini
3. Talma

One of these days I'll write decent-sized posts about things like I used to :)

leopard
23rd March 2007, 03:53

Apocalypse Now

Your post reminds me to a movie of legend chinese actor Chow Yun Fat entitled 'Hamlet', there are a lot of figure of speech, nice one. :)

btw, my picks for jerez:

motogp
1. Rossi
2. Pedrosa
3. Stoner

1. Lorenzo
2. Dovi
3. de Angelis

Whoever, preferably Pablo Nieto

Hotbikerchic33
23rd March 2007, 09:14
Have you been using Babelfish? Here's a guess, and I don't even speak Italian: The race is going to be a good one this Sunday, a lot of people think Pedrosa will win because it's his home race, but something something Rossi will win with Pedrosa in 2nd and Stoner in third place and it's going to be a very exciting race. Or something along those lines ...

Whats Babelfish???? :confused:

I dont use anything i dont need as i can speak fluent italian!!!

Ed il rossi di vincere! :D

daddymaca
23rd March 2007, 12:13
:vader:
Allright, should be n interesting race.. A slower track that Qatar with a shorter front straight.. ( no huge power advantage for Ducati, although the acceleration seemed to be the key ;) ) .. Bets in guys and gals..

MotoGP:
1. Pedrosa (home groud advantage)
2. Rossi (just pipped for second again)
3. Capirossi (will repeat good form from last year, not quite enough for the win)
Pole> Hopper (will finish fourth again

250:
1. Lorenzoo (well duh?)
2. Simon (why not, if he's more fit)
Pole> Barbera (will crash)

125:
1. Aspar
2. Aspar
3. Polaris
Pole> Talma

Cant wait!!

daddymaca
23rd March 2007, 12:16
remember me the date! and i said hayden,go nicky,rgds dadymaca

Mach24
23rd March 2007, 13:15
1. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 41.182 secs
2. Marco Melandri ITA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 41.418 secs
3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 41.450 secs
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 41.566 secs
5. Toni Elias SPA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 41.613 secs
6. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 41.860 secs
7. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 41.959 secs
8. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 42.057 secs
9. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 42.078 secs
10. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 42.199 secs
11. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 42.205 secs
12. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 42.269 secs
13. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 42.383 secs
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 42.427 secs
15. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 42.515 secs
16. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 42.892 secs
17. Olivier Jacque FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 42.997 secs
18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 43.161 secs
19. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 43.309 secs
20. Kousuke Akiyoshi JPN Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 44.168 secs

Little Kenny showing some form before the big boys step up to take a swing.

Kropotkin
23rd March 2007, 13:17
It was very cold, so tires are very important. We'll get a better picture this afternoon, I think.

Mach24
23rd March 2007, 13:24
Whist it is early days it is interesting to see Honda machinery rising to the top. Nothing to get excited about yet, the day is only young. Nicky must be feeling better about his chances however.

tha_jackal
23rd March 2007, 14:57
Watching GP FP2, 1 second seperating the top 15 with 6 mins to go :eek: Crikey thats close! .5 of a sec covering the top 10.. Sheesh..

Dark Horses for this w.e = Checa, Roberts Jnr and Elias.. Haydens lack of speed worrying, Suzukis looking good and Casey also looking to be quick, continuing on from last week ;)

Mach24
23rd March 2007, 15:01
Viva Spain.... Viva Honda!

jidoka
23rd March 2007, 15:54
3 Spaniards in top 3 positions after practice 2. Imagine the scenes if the same was repeated in the race. Especially if Checa won....

fatman
23rd March 2007, 22:09
Hey Kropotkin,
You mentioned on your site that you got the complete lap results by selecting 'analysis' on motogp.com. I looked but couldn't find that link anywhere. Where did you find it ?

Kropotkin
24th March 2007, 00:08
Ok, select Results (either on the left hand side or in the schedule on the right hand side)

You get to see the classification in the main content area.

Above the classification is a red bar, saying something along the lines of:

2007 | Gran Premio de Espana | MotoGP | FP2 | Classification.

Click on the last segment: Classification.

You get a list of the other result types they have: maximum speed, analysis fast lap sequence, etc. Select analysis, and you get to see all laps run by each rider.

Lanky_Wes
24th March 2007, 03:48
cant wait for the race, its gonna be a beauty!

i think it will finish like this:
1. pedrosa
2. melandri
3. hopkins

fatman
24th March 2007, 03:57
Ok, select Results (either on the left hand side or in the schedule on the right hand side)

You get to see the classification in the main content area.

Above the classification is a red bar, saying something along the lines of:

2007 | Gran Premio de Espana | MotoGP | FP2 | Classification.

Click on the last segment: Classification.

You get a list of the other result types they have: maximum speed, analysis fast lap sequence, etc. Select analysis, and you get to see all laps run by each rider.

Thanks !!! ps: great coverage of the free testing btw.

Hotbikerchic33
24th March 2007, 11:46
Valentino Rossi to win tomorrow without a Doubt! :D :) ;) :p

Kropotkin
24th March 2007, 12:31
Thanks !!! ps: great coverage of the free testing btw.

Thanks!

fatman
24th March 2007, 14:10
i woke up early to watch QP but for some reason there is no sound on the video feed.. anyone else have the same problem?

maxu05
24th March 2007, 16:06
Same here mate, guess they need to sort their ..... out over at motogp.com.

fatman
24th March 2007, 16:12
ok. so i feel like a newb. Looks like I had my computer sound on mute even though my speakers were at turned all the way up. :p

QP was pretty fun to watch. It just went crazy in the last 10 minutes with everyone doing their fastest laps. Should be a great race. Watch for Casey to come screaming out of the second row.

Checa looks like a dark horse but unless honda have given him some fancy new parts I predict him to fade during the first half of the race.

Pedrosa will tail the leaders like he did a Qatar and could likely have Hopkins tagging along as well.

Looks to me like it will be a Rossi vs Stoner race.

But then, what do I know.

Corny
24th March 2007, 19:03
top 12 in 0,5 seconds..

that explains why I like MotoGP :D

harsha
24th March 2007, 19:59
yamaha look to be down :cheese: ,predict a big charge by the doctor though

Kropotkin
24th March 2007, 20:45
QP was pretty fun to watch. It just went crazy in the last 10 minutes with everyone doing their fastest laps. Should be a great race. Watch for Casey to come screaming out of the second row.

It's interesting seeing the change from last year: with the unlimited tire regs, the whole thing would explode with about 20 to go. Everyone would come out, try and set a first time on qualifiers, then it would go quiet for 5 minutes, then it would be chaos until the final seconds, people trying to squeeze as many qualifying laps in as possible.

Now, everyone except the Kawasakis work on their race pace until 10 to go, then it goes mental. Haven't figured out why the Kawasakis have decided to keep running 3 qualifiers and miss out on an extra race tire yet.

As for the race, Rossi and Checa have race pace. Pedrosa probably has race pace, then there's a pack of 8 or 9 who are so equal it's too close to call. If Pedrosa, Checa and Rossi get away, it'll be a three-way shootout. If a couple of others manage to get in the mix, it could look like a 125 race, 6 abreast into the final turn.

Ranger
25th March 2007, 00:24
Capirossi is intruigingly down the sheets... Any reason? :confused:

Kropotkin
25th March 2007, 00:34
I was watching Capirossi, and frankly, he seemed to be suffering the same problems that Hayden was: Just couldn't get to grips with the 800. Trying to bully it like he used to bully the old 990. But that just doesn't work.

Capirossi was fast round the 1st 2 sections a couple of times, then his times would go to pieces in the last 2 sections.

Lanky_Wes
25th March 2007, 05:33
i cant wait for this race to start. i mean, i was looking forward to this race at the start of the weekend (for the last two weeks really) but the qualifying session really does make the anticipation even more intense. i dont think there has ever been a time when the whole field are separated by less than 2 seconds. and the top 12 only half a second apart, thats insane. this is why motogp is (and always will be) better than formula 1 or any other type of motorsport.

Ranger
25th March 2007, 09:41
I was watching Capirossi, and frankly, he seemed to be suffering the same problems that Hayden was: Just couldn't get to grips with the 800. Trying to bully it like he used to bully the old 990. But that just doesn't work.

I'm rather surprised at this, given his pretty good testing times in comparison to Stoner - he actually looked like he had him covered for much of the off-season, so I'm surprised he hasn't been quicker than he has been thus far. Hopefully he can work his way around the problems though, because he still is one of the top riders on the grid IMO.

Hayden may need to spend more time testing or in the wind tunnel, because at this rate his team-mate could be champion, whilst a top-8 in the final 2007 classification for Hayden is possibly beyond reach from what I can see now. It's most worrying that he is comfortable with the bike, but just inexplicably slow.

tha_jackal
25th March 2007, 13:39
One word for ya, C.A.N.I - Constant and Never-ending Improvement
Is that even a word? Hehe, anyways, goooo Westy, onwards and upwards..

Cracking 250cc race. bring on the big ones..

Donney
25th March 2007, 13:54
What 250 CC race!!!!

I think Bautista is my new fave rider in 250.

Corny
25th March 2007, 15:29
This was a classic Rossi, we haven't seen such a race of him for a long time!

fatman
25th March 2007, 21:45
Haven't seen the 125 or 250s yet but the MotoGP race was a bit of a snoozer. You would have expected tighter racing after the qualifying yesterday. Disappointed to see everyone so spread out.

Great ride by the doctor and strong ride by Colin. I wonder if Dani's confidence will be shaken a little bit. He had a real chance to take the fight to Valentino in front of his home crowd instead he couldn't even make Rossi feel pressured. We have yet to see a real dog fight between Pedrosa and Rossi. Maybe Rossi has already won the mind games with Dani.

I'm gutted for Hopkins (as is my fantasy team). At least he has a month off now to let his hand heal.

Kropotkin
25th March 2007, 23:51
Haven't seen the 125 or 250s yet but the MotoGP race was a bit of a snoozer. You would have expected tighter racing after the qualifying yesterday. Disappointed to see everyone so spread out.

Actually, it's a shame they concentrated on Rossi, Pedrosa and Edwards, with glimpses of Hopper and Hayden. The scrap for 6th was tight, as was the fight for 9th. There were 5 guys going at it right to the end.

Anyway, I have a race report up on my site. Here's how it starts:

The Measure Of The Man

On any given race weekend, riders line up to be measured. They pit themselves and their machines against all comers, borne by an unwavering belief in their own ability to overcome their adversaries and the limitations of the equipment they have been given. They stand to be measured every time they line up. Sometimes, though, the measurement goes deeper. For there are some days when a racer has to step up and go beyond himself, beyond the limitations of his body and his machine, and reach a higher plane. On days such as those, the line which separates the great from the merely good becomes crystal clear: A good rider will give his utmost, and meet all that is expected of him; A great rider goes beyond himself, and rises above the field to do the seemingly impossible.

The Jerez MotoGP round was just such an occasion. Many questions had been answered at the opening race at Qatar, but in their answering, many others had been raised: Was Ducati's horsepower advantage the definitive blow of the season? Could Yamaha exploit their handling advantage at a slower track? Would Dani Pedrosa be able to stamp his authority on his home Grand Prix? And would the veterans who were doing so surprisingly poorly, such as Loris Capirossi and reigning champion Nicky Hayden, be able to solve the problems which seemed to dog them?

Muddy Waters

Practice had been a very mixed picture. The temperature differences between the cool morning sessions and the warm afternoon sessions meant that some people were running great times in one session, only to plummet to the bottom of the timesheets in the next. The new limits on tire choice showed the first signs of biting, as testing tires chosen for a warm afternoon race on a chilly morning was proving virtually pointless. And by the time qualifying was done, the picture was, if anything, even more confusing, Saturday's official Qualifying Practice producing the closest grid ever seen in MotoGP, with just over 3/10ths of a second covering the top 10 places, and the top 15 all inside of a single second. With the times so close, the race looked like being a lottery, with the run into the first corner looking ever more capable of deciding the race.

As the lights dimmed, and the pack roared off the line, there was a universal intake of breath. Last year at Jerez, Turn 1 set the tone for the rest of the year, as a hard-charging Toni Elias shunted Valentino Rossi off into the gravel, and setting Rossi on the long, hard road that would eventually lead him to lose his title. As the pack emerged unscathed from Turn 1, and headed off towards the rear of the track, the crowd collectively exhaled, glad that the race would be decided on the tarmac and not in the gravel traps.

Read the rest of my MotoGP Jerez race report (http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/archive/2007/03/25/195014.aspx)

tha_jackal
26th March 2007, 04:32
Good stuff as always Kropotkin :) Shame we have a three week break now until the next race.. Thats an eternity! :p

Ranger
26th March 2007, 10:07
Hmm.. I was disappointed with the MotoGP race. It was a fine ride by Rossi but it wasn't exactly interesting. Nice to see Elias up there, and it looks like Hayden has improved a bit. Capirossi was still nowhere. :confused:

Apart from the distinct lack of passing and falling on the track, the race was also a reminder that Rossi is still the King of the Hill. And with both Yamaha's looking so good with Rossi leading the championship, I'm inclined to think it might be a bit of an unwanted contrast to last year.

Kropotkin
26th March 2007, 11:42
Apart from the distinct lack of passing and falling on the track, the race was also a reminder that Rossi is still the King of the Hill. And with both Yamaha's looking so good with Rossi leading the championship, I'm inclined to think it might be a bit of an unwanted contrast to last year.

Well, next up we have Istanbul and Shanghai, both tracks where top speed is really important. Rossi is going to get his ass kicked at Shanghai, and will have a lot of trouble at Istanbul, just because the Yamaha is lacking top end. So by the time we get back to Le Mans in a couple of months' time, the situation may look a little different.

jim mcglinchey
26th March 2007, 12:33
I'm gutted for Hopkins (as is my fantasy team). At least he has a month off now to let his hand heal.

Me too, I largely lost interst in the race after that. Chris did well though.

Re Kropotkins review; I can believe that something happened to Hopper other than loosing the front end. If you watch carefully he is half thrown from the bike even while the two wheels are in line and gripping.

edlalu
26th March 2007, 16:30
:) Shame we have a three week break now until the next race.. Thats an eternity! :p

I'm thinking about useing the extra time to get caught up on the 250 (and maybe 125) races of the season thus far. Life is kinda busy here in LALUville so if we get QP and the race in its a good thing. I'd like to get more time with the 250s so we had a better idea of whos who when they come up to MotoGP.

ArmchairBikeFan
26th March 2007, 22:30
The 250 race was incredible, well worth watching. Very different from the MotoGP race.
I loved Toni Elias though, he's an absolute nutcase!

leopard
27th March 2007, 05:16
Seems Jerez couldn't make everybody satisfied with the motogp result :)
It's incredible race for Colin Edwards, as for Rossi and Pedrosa many people have predicted to fight that way in so many next-coming races. Honda have found their ideal speed, but Yamaha have found their ideal compromised speed and aero device package.

For 250 cc Bautista performed faster than it should, i think Alvaro will have some podium and even challenge the title, but not now maybe some day later on, he performed beyond my expectation. That was ideal Jorge and Alvaro hold 1-2 podium at Jerez, perfect day

It's more about color and SPEED

Hotbikerchic33
27th March 2007, 13:02
La razza di domenica era molto buona che ho piaciuto esso molto molto eccitando! io giusto spera che la prossima razza sarà proprio come eccitando!

harsha
27th March 2007, 15:50
English please

The Phantom
27th March 2007, 16:08
She said "Well Valentino, you can park those shiny AlpineStars under my bed ANY time you like, big boy" ; )

Hotbikerchic33
27th March 2007, 16:46
English please

Sorry i prefer italian! ;)

Dunque la fotte! :D

jim mcglinchey
27th March 2007, 16:53
She said "Well Valentino, you can park those shiny AlpineStars under my bed ANY time you like, big boy" ; )

I though that it read " I've a lovely set of skittles, and you can strike them all night, big boy Vale"

jens
27th March 2007, 20:03
Unfortunately didn't see the race, had other stuff do to. :)

As expected, Elias was strong on his home circuit. Hopefully he can keep that form on other circuits this season. Yamaha showed again that they are stronger than last year. Rossi seems to be a clear title favourite at the moment.

Hayden seems to go the same way as Thomas Luthi last year in 125cc - an injury is faithful for the hopes of a reigning champion...

Kropotkin
27th March 2007, 22:58
La razza di domenica era molto buona che ho piaciuto esso molto molto eccitando! io giusto spera che la prossima razza sarà proprio come eccitando!

Sunday's race was very good (then a verb I don't know, something to do with being pleasing) then very exciting. I just hope that the next race will be just as exciting.

I think. Funny thing is, I thought the Italian for race was "gara" not "razza".

patnicholls
27th March 2007, 23:41
Kind of funny that the closest MotoGP grid ever produced a processional race. Guess it's cos they've been doing a lot of testing there and so the race setups were basically all sorted.

The 125s were pretty good though, good battle for the lead at the end and a great ride from Pol Espargaro in 4th place [he's 15 years old btw. Great things beckon] amongst others. Shame for Bradley Smith, his race was ruined by Pasini barging them both off on lap 2. He will improve.

And the 250s were excellent, it did look impossible to pick a winner. I'd been a bit iffy about Alvaro's preseason form (hence why I didn't pick him for my team - he's been one of my fave riders since 2004) but that was a star performance. Dovi was also excellent, fighting Honda's battle on his own this year in 250s so far (Takahashi is still recovering from broken bones last year so isn't on the pace).

And an excellent crowd on hand, it kinda felt weird watching Qatar for the start of the season with no crowd there. Much better in Jerez!

edlalu
28th March 2007, 05:29
And an excellent crowd on hand, it kinda felt weird watching Qatar for the start of the season with no crowd there. Much better in Jerez!

I was wondering about that. Which overpaid bean counter chose Qatar as the season opener? And how many more years is Dorna contracted to hold races there? It seems like a very bad place to have 800cc's of world class race bike pouring heat onto a rider covered head to toe in leather, fibreglass, polycarbonates and plastics! I caught a vid from MotoGP.com about the night tests they ran at Qatar in the hopes of saving some of the heat by running the races at night. Lighting was an issue which is too bad because having one night race in the season would be cool!

Hotbikerchic33
28th March 2007, 10:06
Sunday's race was very good (then a verb I don't know, something to do with being pleasing) then very exciting. I just hope that the next race will be just as exciting.

I think. Funny thing is, I thought the Italian for race was "gara" not "razza".

Not bad well done :D

Now what am i saying??? :confused:

Il valentino va vincere il campionato quest'anno con la venuta di Dani o Casey seconda! :p ;) :D

Kropotkin
28th March 2007, 10:09
Il valentino va vincere il campionato quest'anno con la venuta di Dani o Casey seconda! :p ;) :D

That Valentino will win the championship this year with Dani or Casey second. I'm not sure about your guesses for second place though. We'll have to wait and see!

leopard
28th March 2007, 12:06
I was wondering about that. Which overpaid bean counter chose Qatar as the season opener? And how many more years is Dorna contracted to hold races there? It seems like a very bad place to have 800cc's of world class race bike pouring heat onto a rider covered head to toe in leather, fibreglass, polycarbonates and plastics!!
Other than Qatar, Istanbul Turkey is the less crowd race either. I think aside of number of money contracted to host the race in couple years there, we have to acknowledge about diversity. Motogp isn't only for Europe consumption but let them in different side of this planet have chance to watch such interesting sport too.

I caught a vid from MotoGP.com about the night tests they ran at Qatar in the hopes of saving some of the heat by running the races at night. Lighting was an issue which is too bad because having one night race in the season would be cool!
Night race maybe an idea to try something feels differently and to solve temperature issue of tropical race, but it may require a thoughtful study about its feasibility relating to rider safety and the costing.

I think if temperature is a serious problem, trying racing to the afternoon, let’s say from 1.00 pm onward isn't a fault. Make the races of all three classes more compact, the race shouldn't exceed 4.00 pm.
Alternatively the smaller classes can start off in the morning, 9-12 am, and motogp start on 2.00 pm.
It will give me time in between the two races for taking rest. :)

Hotbikerchic33
28th March 2007, 15:04
That Valentino will win the championship this year with Dani or Casey second. I'm not sure about your guesses for second place though. We'll have to wait and see!

Very good almost right!

Now this one :D

Me pensa che la sua scoperta delle risposte su un sito web di alcuni generi io sia giustamente o ho torto?? ;)

Kropotkin
28th March 2007, 22:13
Other than Qatar, Istanbul Turkey is the less crowd race either. I think aside of number of money contracted to host the race in couple years there, we have to acknowledge about diversity. Motogp isn't only for Europe consumption but let them in different side of this planet have chance to watch such interesting sport too.

I think Shanghai and Qatar are the two races with the lowest attendances. Istanbul gets some 30,000 spectators, which isn't bad. Plus, Istanbul is a fantastic racetrack, unlike Shanghai which is absolutely awful. Qatar isn't bad as a track, but it's a little abstract, you can tell it's been designed by computer. But Istanbul really flows, it's lovely.

So, I hope they drop Shanghai first if MotoGP goes to Indy next year. It would be no loss, in my opinion.

Kropotkin
28th March 2007, 22:15
Me pensa che la sua scoperta delle risposte su un sito web di alcuni generi io sia giustamente o ho torto?? ;)

That one contains words I don't know. (I know a bit of Spanish, and read Motograndprix.it to keep up with MotoGP news). But I think you're saying something along the lines of: I think that you are looking up your answers on a web site. And the rest is a bit of a mystery, sorry!

leopard
29th March 2007, 09:12
I think Shanghai and Qatar are the two races with the lowest attendances. Istanbul gets some 30,000 spectators, which isn't bad. Plus, Istanbul is a fantastic racetrack, unlike Shanghai which is absolutely awful. Qatar isn't bad as a track, but it's a little abstract, you can tell it's been designed by computer. But Istanbul really flows, it's lovely.

So, I hope they drop Shanghai first if MotoGP goes to Indy next year. It would be no loss, in my opinion.

How could recommend an awful race like Sanghai to be dropped off ?

Istanbul had about 32,000 spectators last year, I didn't know Qatar and Shanghai have less than it, I doubt some 20,000 tickets sold out would cover the cost of hosting the race, regardless money from sponsors organizing the race event.

Kropotkin
29th March 2007, 10:00
How could recommend an awful race like Sanghai to be dropped off ?

Istanbul had about 32,000 spectators last year, I didn't know Qatar and Shanghai have less than it, I doubt some 20,000 tickets sold out would cover the cost of hosting the race, regardless money from sponsors organizing the race event.

Don't know about Shanghai, but Qatar had 3,000 spectators last year. More this year, maybe in the 10s. The Commercial Bank of Qatar pay enough to cover the costs, I don't think anyone is worried about the income from tickets.

leopard
29th March 2007, 10:35
Don't know about Shanghai, but Qatar had 3,000 spectators last year. More this year, maybe in the 10s. The Commercial Bank of Qatar pay enough to cover the costs, I don't think anyone is worried about the income from tickets.
I think it's more the fault of the local race organizer socialize the event to local public, I believe Qatar bank and the government won't be worried about how to cover the expenses and how much deficit income from tickets.

I only didn't see 3,000 spectators could give sufficient spirit to the rider. :laugh:

Kropotkin
29th March 2007, 10:40
I think it's more the fault of the local race organizer socialize the event to local public, I believe Qatar bank and the government won't be worried about how to cover the expenses and how much deficit income from tickets.

I don't think that there's enough local interest to fill the race track. This year, a lot of British fans flew over to watch the race, so you saw a lot of "foreign" fans in the stands, but the local Qataris just aren't interested in motorsports. Fortunately, all that oil money has meant that there are a few rich Qataris who are happy to build race tracks just for fun...

leopard
29th March 2007, 10:53
I don't think that there's enough local interest to fill the race track. This year, a lot of British fans flew over to watch the race, so you saw a lot of "foreign" fans in the stands, but the local Qataris just aren't interested in motorsports. Fortunately, all that oil money has meant that there are a few rich Qataris who are happy to build race tracks just for fun...

Maybe they will someday, not now.
How do you see about facility and property equipped for Lossail, is it quite acceptable to hold international event like motogp?, in my naked eyes they are ready and eligible, they have what it takes.

Yeah mostly in the stands are 'foreign', I just couldn't see Qatar women on the seats :D

ChrisS
29th March 2007, 11:44
Qatar is a small nation, population about 800k, with that in mind 3000 locals is the same population percentage as the 140000 Spanish fans at Jerez

even if the people of Qatar do become interested in motorsports its hard to expect more than 8-10K fans attending the race

ChrisS
29th March 2007, 12:27

I found this on Hayden's website, it reads like an HRC press release to me
http://www.nickyhayden.com/new/headlines.php?pr=292

Total Weekend Attendance : 6,744 Race Day Attendance: 4,132

and Jerez
Total Weekend Attendance : 244,461 Race Day Attendance: 132,168

Hotbikerchic33
30th March 2007, 16:45
That one contains words I don't know. (I know a bit of Spanish, and read Motograndprix.it to keep up with MotoGP news). But I think you're saying something along the lines of: I think that you are looking up your answers on a web site. And the rest is a bit of a mystery, sorry!

Your not bad at this well done my friend! :D

che il suo lotto per adesso ma bene fatto ;)

leopard
4th April 2007, 12:13
Btw, what languages being subject of yours other than English, that is good both of you can speak Italy.

I have ever learned Chinese but retired before mastering any words other than numeric, one of hardest languages, it has different letter for each word and syllable. Maxu must have been mastering in Chinese, learning a language in bed is the most effective :D

Kropotkin
4th April 2007, 12:18
I find it very useful to be able to at least read a bit of Italian, and understand a fair bit of Spanish, as there's an awful lot of news about motorcycle racing on Spanish websites and Spanish newspapers. Plus, one day, we hope to move to Spain. Or maybe even Italy. Somewhere where I can be sure of getting good MotoGP coverage. :D

Kropotkin
4th April 2007, 12:18
I found this on Hayden's website, it reads like an HRC press release to me
http://www.nickyhayden.com/new/headlines.php?pr=292

Total Weekend Attendance : 6,744 Race Day Attendance: 4,132

and Jerez
Total Weekend Attendance : 244,461 Race Day Attendance: 132,168

Interesting, thanks!

leopard
5th April 2007, 05:08
I find it very useful to be able to at least read a bit of Italian, and understand a fair bit of Spanish, as there's an awful lot of news about motorcycle racing on Spanish websites and Spanish newspapers. Plus, one day, we hope to move to Spain. Or maybe even Italy. Somewhere where I can be sure of getting good MotoGP coverage. :D

I am not sure about these two languages, for those majoring in knowledge about Social and Language here, French is taught as additional subject besides English at school. They are maybe taught in informal course as many other like Chinese and Japanese. More language we are capable of the better, of course if there is a chance to learn more foreign language isn't a fault, but don't know where should I start to learn it off :D

It sounds like what I am frequently thinking about coverage that is still far from what I expected.

Have you take a look at our phantasy? Last year i missed a round, i think it isn't too late to take part on it, picking the potential rider will not make you difficult to be in the mix with older participant, on top of it, it’s more for fun. Besides, there is official pickems and the more regulars run unofficial 250 cc.