PDA

View Full Version : European Rally Championship 2007

atsiotras79
9th December 2006, 07:35
I think that we should also start a thread like this.

What do you think about next year? Is anybody interested in competing in this championship or IRC will take all entries away?

There are strong rumours here in Greece, that the Elpa Rally is returning to Halkidiki and is going to be gravel event again or mixed surface event! What are your thoughts about that?

Wim_Impreza
9th December 2006, 10:21
There are strong rumours here in Greece, that the Elpa Rally is returning to Halkidiki and is going to be gravel event again or mixed surface event! What are your thoughts about that?

That should be very good news.

atsiotras79
9th December 2006, 14:30
To be honest I think it will be better only gravel! The gravel stages are just great!
I have some doubts about mixed! It is not about the tarmac stages because there are some very good ones, but as about cost! It should be very expensive!

kabouter
9th December 2006, 19:13
It would be good to have the Elpa Rally back on gravel in Halkidiki - a bit of variety in the championship should be good. It might not attract any regular S1600 ERC contenders (if there are going to be any such people next year) but it would be a great opportunity for other drivers to compete on excellent gravel stages cheaper than would be possible in the WRC.

PLuto
10th December 2006, 13:38
Next year there will be new version of European Championship. Who would like to take points, he must register to this series. So only registered drivers can take points, not "local matadors".

Madeira
10th December 2006, 14:01
Next year there will be new version of European Championship. Who would like to take points, he must register to this series. So only registered drivers can take points, not "local matadors".

With this measure a private team could have more possibilities to discuss the title, but in other hand eventually we can see a European champion whithout any victory in some of the races...(If I'm thinking well)
I don't have many hopes with ERC for next season.

PLuto
10th December 2006, 14:21
With this measure a private team could have more possibilities to discuss the title, but in other hand eventually we can see a European champion whithout any victory in some of the races...(If I'm thinking well)
I don't have many hopes with ERC for next season.

Yes, you are right. But it can bring more crews, which didnt have any chances against local drivers.

Jarek Z
12th December 2006, 10:19
So now every 50-year old gentleman driver, who usually finishes in 27th position, can be the European Rally Champion? Great! :/

Raven
12th December 2006, 17:48
The ERC funeral day is closer and closer... :(

Tom206wrc
12th December 2006, 18:11
Will the WRC cars be allowed to take part to the new ERC ?? :confused:

In France there's a strange rumour that young lady driver Céline Pratlong would take part to the championship with a...206 WRC !!! :eek:
She would have already tested it last week...

Madeira
12th December 2006, 18:26
Will the WRC cars be allowed to take part to the new ERC ?? :confused:

In France there's a strange rumour that young lady driver Céline Pratlong would take part to the championship with a...206 WRC !!! :eek:
She would have already tested it last week...

It's impossible, WRC cars won't be allowed at ERC, Take a look at point 2 of the rules:
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/452103645__Europe_Rally.pdf

Tom206wrc
13th December 2006, 09:37
Ok...so if the rumour it's true that would only be in french championship then.

Madeira
17th December 2006, 22:01
Some rumours indicate that Corrado Fontana with support from Grifone, and Fiat turkey will be able to be present in next european championship.
Any Turkish member can confirm this rumour?

Madeira
18th December 2006, 09:21
It is confirmed. Corrado Fontana Italian Champion of I.R.C. will take part of ERC 2007 with a Fiat Punto S2000.

Jarek Z
18th December 2006, 15:31
There is a rumour that Fiat Turkey driver Volkan Isik will compete in ERC, too. He will drive Fiat Punto S2000.
Isik has much international experience. I remember him competing in ERC in 1997 (http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=152&pg_[go]=139) and in WRC in 1998 and 1999. In 1999 he was even second in FIA Teams Cup.
Can anybody confirm it?

Tom206wrc
18th December 2006, 16:54
Any 207 S2000 drivers(not yet known)to take part to 2007 ERC ??? :confused:

atsiotras79
18th December 2006, 16:58
There is a rumour that Fiat Turkey driver Volkan Isik will compete in ERC, too. He will drive Fiat Punto S2000.
Isik has much international experience. I remember him competing in ERC in 1997 (http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=152&pg_[go]=139) and in WRC in 1998 and 1999. In 1999 he was even second in FIA Teams Cup.
Can anybody confirm it?

This is great news! Very good driver and co-driver and great car! Can anybody from Turkey confirm that?

atsiotras79
18th December 2006, 17:02
I have a question! As I already told you, the Elpa rally is strongly rumoured to be coming back to Halkidiki. Another rumour says that they want to make it a mixed surface event, 1st day tarmac, 2nd day gravel! Does FIA allow mixed surface events in ERC???

Madeira
18th December 2006, 17:35
A short video made last saturday when Corrado Fontana has presented its plans and car for 2007 season, also here you can see some images when he has driven the Punto as zero car.
http://www.cricketsfilm.com/video/rally/video/PuntoSuper2000.wmv

Raven
18th December 2006, 18:01
Mixed surface is not a good idea in my opinion, higher costs, more work on suspension change, more different tyres = more problems. I want Elpa Halikidkis full gravel!!! :D

atsiotras79
18th December 2006, 18:12
Mixed surface is not a good idea in my opinion, higher costs, more work on suspension change, more different tyres = more problems. I want Elpa Halikidkis full gravel!!! :D

Me too!!! I fully agree on both! But if FIA allows it, I think it will be mixed!

V.Gatev
19th December 2006, 11:07
New event in European Rally Championship - rally Ina Croatia

janez l.
19th December 2006, 21:24
Corrado Fontana will drive ERC with Fiat Punto S2000 from Grifone.

Madeira
19th December 2006, 21:29
Corrado Fontana will drive ERC with Fiat Punto S2000 from Grifone.

Take a look on page 1 of this thread!

janez l.
19th December 2006, 21:33
Missed that, sorry.

PLuto
20th December 2006, 13:46
So I can tell you, that from Czech republic are thinking about ERC Antonin Tlustak (Citroen C2 S1600 or his old Saxo Kit Car) and Vladimir Barvik (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX).

atsiotras79
20th December 2006, 13:51
So I can tell you, that from Czech republic are thinking about ERC Antonin Tlustak (Citroen C2 S1600 or his old Saxo Kit Car) and Vladimir Barvik (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX).

Odlozilik? Jandik? Chvojka?

PLuto
20th December 2006, 14:20
I think in European championship will start only two names, I wrote. Chvojka maybe one or two events, but I dont believe it. Other drivers wont start in ERC.

Jarek Z
20th December 2006, 14:31
From Poland, the drivers that are interested in ERC are Michal Solowow (http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=1428&pg_[go]=0) and Tomasz Czopik (http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=1509&pg_[go]=44). But nothing is certain as there are still more than 4 months left until the championship starts.

maevad
20th December 2006, 14:42
Odlozilik is closed in prison.. :-(

harriswrc
21st December 2006, 18:40
I have a question! As I already told you, the Elpa rally is strongly rumoured to be coming back to Halkidiki. Another rumour says that they want to make it a mixed surface event, 1st day tarmac, 2nd day gravel! Does FIA allow mixed surface events in ERC???
Finally, ELPA Rally will come back to Halkidiki, and it will be a mixed event (1st day Tarmac, 2nd day Gravel)! Great news!

PLuto
21st December 2006, 19:04
Finally, ELPA Rally will come back to Halkidiki, and it will be a mixed event (1st day Tarmac, 2nd day Gravel)! Great news!

I dont think, that info about mixture of surface is so great...

Madeira
21st December 2006, 23:49

And the drivers and teams? what they think about that?
I'm not sure also about this option, it's so expensive for them. For a spectator not bad indeed...

nikolay
22nd December 2006, 11:32

Are you sure? That was forbidden in previous ERC rules but the new rules didn't say anything about the surface so it's possible. It's very good news if it's true.

[Madeira-Rally]
22nd December 2006, 11:54
And the drivers and teams? what they think about that?
I'm not sure also about this option, it's so expensive for them. For a spectator not bad indeed...

I agree with you Madeira... very expensive for all the teams and very hard for the mechanics...

Jarek Z
22nd December 2006, 12:45

Thank you for the information Harris!

Even though it's great that the rally comes back to Halkidiki, I have to say that it's the most stupid decision to organize a mixed surface event nowadays. Why did the organizers make such a stupid decision? So that the number of crews is as little as possible? Did the entry list of Elpa Rally 2006 contain to many foreign names?

atsiotras79
22nd December 2006, 21:18
Did the entry list of Elpa Rally 2006 contain to many foreign names?

ΝΟ!!!!!!

+1 to your point!

I am so happy that the rally come back to our area but I also think the mixed surface thing is not a good idea! Especially for the penultimate round of ERC, if you know what I mean! I think all gravel was the better choice. I really really really hope that I will be proved wrong!!! But still very very happy that ERC is near my home again!!!

Jarek Z
3rd January 2007, 13:52
It is still more than six months until the event starts, but the organizers of Ypres Rally have already issued the first press release:
http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/headlines/news/detail/061229162216.shtml

I think they rushed too much, because the driver on the photo is Umberto Scandola and not Giandomenico Basso ;)

Tom206wrc
4th January 2007, 11:32
According to Ralis.Online Polish Tomasz Czopik will drive a Polo S2000 in ERC07... ;)

[Madeira-Rally]
4th January 2007, 11:35
It's true that the Polish driver Tomasz Czopik will drive a Polo S2000 on ERC 2007 ?

eloyf1
4th January 2007, 13:33
I can't say more, but it's probable there will be 2 S2000 next season in Spain...

[Madeira-Rally]
4th January 2007, 15:09
According to Ralis.Online Polish Tomasz Czopik will drive a Polo S2000 in ERC07... ;)

I think a little bit strange.. I was looking for related news in some Polish websites.. and I didn't found nothing...

Polish Members.. please help us ;)

Jarek Z
4th January 2007, 18:07
I have no idea who can help you. Maybe Rene Georges? :)
http://www.renegeorges.be/fr/News.asp?lg=2&menunum=15

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 09:15
I can't say more, but it's probable there will be 2 S2000 next season in Spain...

What a success S2000 in Spain !!! :D

After Garcia-Ojeda(207), Sola(Corolla) and Fuster(Punto)...two others awaited !! :)

Jarek Z
8th January 2007, 10:09
Here is a confirmation from Tomasz Czopik:
http://rallyonline.pl/index.php?1&modex=pnews&&s=9189

He will drive all ERC rounds except for Mille Miglia Rally. He will also drive selected Polish championship events.

Czopik is a good driver, he was overal Polish champion in 2003 (http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=156&pg_[go]=5) and twice group N champion (http://www.rallyonline.pl/2005/ft.php?idg=56&pg_[go]=26). Unfortunately he doesn't have much international experience.

Madeira
13th January 2007, 16:59
maybe a rumour, but Renato Travaglia in ERC 2007 with twister corse?
I dont like tu put this kind of news without any confirmation, but I insist it is only a rumour!

Madeira
16th January 2007, 23:37
as I've said in the other thread, the Spanish driver Miguel Fuster will drive for next season a Fiat Punto S2000 in spanish championship, but the good news are that he could be present in a few rounds of ERC, as you can read in their website

http://www.miguelfuster.com/

Jarek Z
19th January 2007, 10:50
It would be great to see Fuster in ERC indeed.

In the meantime Michal Solowow has published a preliminary calendar for the new season. He didn't not reveal what car he will drive.

He will drive the following rallies:

POLISH RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
2 - 4 luty Rajd Magurski (Gorlice)
26 - 28 kwiecień Rajd Elmot (Świdnica)
7 - 10 czerwiec Rajd Polski (Mikołajki)
12 - 14 lipiec Rajd Subaru (Kraków)
27 - 29 lipiec Rajd Kaszuby (Gdańsk)
9 - 11 sierpień Rajd Rzeszowski (Rzeszów)
7 - 9 wrzesień Rajd Nikon (Dzierżoniów)
21 - 23 wrzesień Rajd Warszawski (Ciechanów)

EUROPEAN RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
20 - 22 kwiecień Rally Mille Miglia (Włochy)
11 - 13 maj Fiat Rally (Turcja)
24 - 26 maj Delta Rally (Chorwacja)
8 - 10 czerwiec Rajd Polski (Mikołajki)
22 - 24 czerwiec Ypres Rally (Belgia)
2 - 4 sierpień Rallye Vinho Da Madeira (Portugalia)
6 - 8 lipiec Rally Bulgaria (Bułgaria)
24 - 26 sierpień Barum Rally Zlin (Czechy)
5 - 7 październik Elpa Rally (Grecja)
19 - 21 październik Rallye d'Antibes (Francja)

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
30 listopad - 2 grudzień Wales Rally GB (Walia, Cardiff)
8 - 11 styczeń Uddeholm Swedish Rally (Szwecja, Karlstad)

OTHER EVENTS
25 - 27 styczeń Arctic Lapland Rally (Finlandia, Rovaniemi)

Madeira
19th January 2007, 13:01
as always an amazing program for this polish driver!
21 Rallys!!!!

Madeira
20th January 2007, 20:42
I think it is a little bit early but the organizers of rally Vinho Madeira have said in a local newspaper that several international drivers have made a contact with them to ask for conditions for next edition. Ercan Kazaz was one of them and the other was the american Brian Street. Does anyone knows something about this guy?

V.Gatev
31st January 2007, 11:38
I want ask some one from Turkey about rally FIAT - i listen some rumors about this year event will drive on gravel. Is that true?

LC54WRC
31st January 2007, 20:39
Yes, according to declarations from Turkish motorsports community, FIAT Rally will drive on gravel in Istanbul. Most probably Istanbul Park Circuit will be Service Area.

CricketsFilm
4th February 2007, 15:56
We confirm our presence in 6 appointments of ERC 2007:
- Mille Miglia
- Ina Delta
- Ypres
- Bulgaria
- Madeira
- Barum

With OnBoards Camera and 3 video-Operators....

We hope in our presence also to Antibes....

Madeira
4th February 2007, 16:02
- Madeira

You will be welcome to Madeira Island! :up:

atsiotras79
4th February 2007, 16:46

Hope you can make it to Elpa Rally too!

HaCo
4th February 2007, 18:07
Hi CricketFilms,
I just discovered your site. Thank you for providing us with these very great videos! Maybe you could do a cooperation with pitstop.tv . This site has a FREE autosport video service...

Will you do italian championship too?

Keep it up!
HaCo

CricketsFilm
4th February 2007, 18:30
Thanks Madeira,

atsiotras79 I hope..... thanks

CricketsFilm
4th February 2007, 18:33
Hi CricketFilms,
I just discovered your site. Thank you for providing us with these very great videos! Maybe you could do a cooperation with pitstop.tv . This site has a FREE autosport video service...

Will you do italian championship too?

Keep it up!
HaCo

ok.... I am happy for collaboration....

Next week I'll know my programs in Italian Championship....

Thanks

Jarek Z
6th February 2007, 10:05
Yes, according to declarations from Turkish motorsports community, FIAT Rally will drive on gravel in Istanbul. Most probably Istanbul Park Circuit will be Service Area.

Thanks for the info guys! I had no idea about it. So there will be 3 gravel events in ERC 2007? Poland, Turkey and ELPA Halkidiki?

Jarek Z
7th February 2007, 09:56
Does anybody know if the Fiat Rally in Turkey, that is going to be held on May 11-13, is both ERC and IRC round?

atsiotras79
7th February 2007, 13:33
Thanks for the info guys! I had no idea about it. So there will be 3 gravel events in ERC 2007? Poland, Turkey and ELPA Halkidiki?

Elpa is going to be mixed! 1st day tarmac, 2nd day gravel!

Jarek Z
11th February 2007, 12:33
- Mille Miglia
- Ina Delta
- Ypres
- Bulgaria
- Madeira
- Barum

With OnBoards Camera and 3 video-Operators....

We hope in our presence also to Antibes....

Will you be following any particular driver? Or you will be making reports for some TV channel?

CricketsFilm
11th February 2007, 17:50
Will you be following any particular driver? Or you will be making reports for some TV channel?

Mainly for Corrado Fontana. I have contacts with other European pilots, and I am available to make services for other pilots. For Fontana, we will make 2 transmitted services to the day on Internet website…

We will make also video services for small Italian televisions.

Jarek Z
12th February 2007, 10:22
Mainly for Corrado Fontana.

There is no Rally of Poland on your list. Does that mean that Fontana will not come to Poland?

CricketsFilm
12th February 2007, 22:36
There is no Rally of Poland on your list. Does that mean that Fontana will not come to Poland?

The program in ERC for Corrado Fontano not comprise the Poland, Turkey, Antibes and Elpa... but we must wait... is early now.... Next week, also I will confirm my presence to Poland appointment....

Safak
2nd March 2007, 22:50
A news from Turkiye!

Today Fiat Motorsporlari made a press conference to give information about their team that will participate in ERC in 2007.

Here is a photo (http://www.fiatmotorsporlari.com/images/news/BIG_3_b92777a2-0240-4516-89d3-b79e7385df41.jpg).

From left to right; Koray Kafkas -team coordinator, Guray Karacar -co pilot and Volkan Isik.

It is almost sure that he will win the European title but the question is that what will he do on ERC/IRC shared events.

As a note; the car is first ever builded Punto or the second according to the information that I gathered from an N-Technology executive.

Madeira
3rd March 2007, 00:06
A news from Turkiye!

Today Fiat Motorsporlari made a press conference to give information about their team that will participate in ERC in 2007.

Here is a photo (http://www.fiatmotorsporlari.com/images/news/BIG_3_b92777a2-0240-4516-89d3-b79e7385df41.jpg).

From left to right; Koray Kafkas -team coordinator, Guray Karacar -co pilot and Volkan Isik.

It is almost sure that he will win the European title but the question is that what will he do on ERC/IRC shared events.

As a note; the car is first ever builded Punto or the second according to the information that I gathered from an N-Technology executive.

Thank you by the excellent news!. It is not a rumour now!

Safak
3rd March 2007, 21:39
Well, the confirmation has already been done. This was just the press conference.

I couldn't follow the Motorsport Forums and as a result couldn't let you know earlier.

Jarek Z
5th March 2007, 11:15
A news from Turkiye!

This is good news for sure, thank you for sharing, but I don't understand why "it is almost sure that he will win the European title" ???

N.O.T
5th March 2007, 12:26
I don't understand why "it is almost sure that he will win the European title" ???

A little optimism never hurt anybody...the thing is, there is a thin line between optimism and stupidity....

Safak
5th March 2007, 16:27
This is good news for sure, thank you for sharing, but I don't understand why "it is almost sure that he will win the European title" ???

First, plase note that every sentence I wrote here is my idea and my idea is so...

I didn't say "it is ceratin", in my opinion he is the best pilot participating in this year's ERC. Also I support him. When all those come together in my opinion once again "it is almost sure".

This year they have the same car and it is sure that Michal Solowow has more experience on ERC. We will see it all together.

A little optimism never hurt anybody...the thing is, there is a thin line between optimism and stupidity....
Also there are some other thin lines.

IQ206
5th March 2007, 20:31
It is almost sure that he will win the European title

I must worrie You... Nothing is sure in rallying.

Safak
6th March 2007, 00:08
If you say so...

animrallye
14th March 2007, 19:33
Simon Jean-Joseph will be at Mille Miglia rally with a Citroën C2 S1600...

Tom206wrc
14th March 2007, 19:36
Wow surprise !!! :eek:

Jarek Z
14th March 2007, 20:04

Surprising news! Isn't he contracted to Renault anymore?

[Madeira-Rally]
14th March 2007, 20:08
Great to see Joseph Back ;)

I hope to see him again in Madeira :D

Madeira
14th March 2007, 20:09
Really a big surprise, but do you know if it keeps the connection to Renault Sport?... are Simon interested on the next ERC?, or is only a single participation?

[Madeira-Rally]
15th March 2007, 09:54
I hear something about Joseph yesterday..

It looks like he was testing the new Punto S2000 of Vitor Sá...

I don't know if that's true.. but if it's true... that means that is connection with Renault is finished... Testing a Punto, in 1000 Miglia with a Citroën C2 S1600...

Jarek Z
15th March 2007, 10:21
If I were him I would probably do the same. He's too good to be inactive. Renault should at least organize him some international programme with Clio R3. Jean-Joseph is the perfect person to promote the new car.

soprano
15th March 2007, 10:47
Croatian rally champion Juraj Šebalj will participate in ERC ( all 10 events ) with Mitsubishi Lancer evo IX, prepared by Pacotti motosport ( HUN )

http://www.jurajsebalj.com/default.aspx?id=105

Madeira
15th March 2007, 12:46
Croatian rally champion Juraj Šebalj will participate in ERC ( all 10 events ) with Mitsubishi Lancer evo IX, prepared by Pacotti motosport ( HUN )

http://www.jurajsebalj.com/default.aspx?id=105

Thank you by your report!
I never heard anything about this driver. which is the potential of Juraj Šebalj ?
I think the new rules of the ERC can be more attractive for the private drivers.
So we have:
Corrado Fontana- Fiat Punto S2000
Michal Solowow- Fiat Punto S2000
T. Czopik- VW Polo S2000
Volkan Isik- Fiat Punto S2000
Juraj Šebalj- Mitsubishi EVO IX

PLuto
15th March 2007, 13:49
I never heard anything about this driver. which is the potential of Juraj Šebalj ?
I think the new rules of the ERC can be more attractive for the private drivers.
So we have:
T. Czopik- VW Polo S2000

And maybe from Czech republic Antonin Tlustak with Saxo Kit Car and Vladimir Barvik with Evo IX.

Jure Sebalj wanted to start in JWRC 2003, bud made only two events (Monte and Turkey). Later he started mainly in home events, last year he won croatian championship. And also, last year he was competing on Monte Carlo, so you can check his times there...

[Madeira-Rally]
15th March 2007, 14:19
So we have:
T. Czopik- VW Polo S2000

Hum.. it's a little bit strange...

Solowow is running whit his EVO IX in Polish Champ.
Apparently he will run with the Punto S2000 in ERC..

So.. why he was testing his CLio S1600 some days ago :s

http://www.autoklub.pl/1173691680,,galeria.html?

Jarek Z
16th March 2007, 11:01

Thank you for the news! I don't know this driver, but wish him good luck! Some nice photos on his website, rallies in Croatia must have beautiful scenery!
http://www.jurajsebalj.com/UserDocsImages/galerije/Pićan/_PHO1852.JPG
http://www.jurajsebalj.com/UserDocsImages/galerije/Pićan/_PHO2111.JPG

Jarek Z
16th March 2007, 11:12
]Solowow is running whit his EVO IX in Polish Champ. Apparently he will run with the Punto S2000 in ERC..

So.. why he was testing his CLio S1600 some days ago :s

Because... "When it comes to aggressiveness, Clio resembles Fiat Punto S2000 much more than a group N Lancer. We chose Clio, because, similarily to Punto, it accelerates and brakes very aggressively. It's a full group A car, just like Fiat" - said Solowow about the tests. One week before Mille Miglia Rally Solowow will test the Punto with a famous Italian driver (he doesn't want to reveal the name).

havk
16th March 2007, 11:16
As far as I know Solowow will use Punto S2000 both in PRC and ERC. Test of Clio was a training before Mille Miglia - apparently there was no possibility to test Punto S2000.

[Madeira-Rally]
16th March 2007, 11:39
Because... "When it comes to aggressiveness, Clio resembles Fiat Punto S2000 much more than a group N Lancer. We chose Clio, because, similarily to Punto, it accelerates and brakes very aggressively. It's a full group A car, just like Fiat" - said Solowow about the tests. One week before Mille Miglia Rally Solowow will test the Punto with a famous Italian driver (he doesn't want to reveal the name).

Maybe Basso Or Navarra ;)

PLuto
16th March 2007, 15:14
As I told yesterday, Antonin Tlustak will register into ERC and will start in 9 events (except Madeira) with Citroen Saxo Kit Car. And it is official :-)

[Madeira-Rally]
16th March 2007, 16:08
As I told yesterday, Antonin Tlustak will register into ERC and will start in 9 events (except Madeira) with Citroen Saxo Kit Car. And it is official :-)

:( except Madeira...
tell him to get priority status in FIA that.. organisation of RVM pay him to come here...

PLuto
16th March 2007, 16:12
] :( except Madeira...
tell him to get priority status in FIA that.. organisation of RVM pay him to come here...

I know it and he knows it too. But there is long time, when racing car is on travel and he would like to prepare his car perfectly for home Barum rally. And second objective (and I think it is main) - his mechanics asked him about not starting in Madeira...

atsiotras79
16th March 2007, 17:10
Corrado Fontana - Fiat Punto S2000
Michal Solowow - Fiat Punto S2000
T. Czopik - VW Polo S2000
Volkan Isik - Fiat Punto S2000
Juraj Šebalj - Mitsubishi EVO IX
Antonin Tlustak - Citroen Saxo KC

I just added Tlustak. I have a feeling that more entries will appear in the near future.

Madeira
16th March 2007, 17:59
] :( except Madeira...
Well, but he needs to have also a good career in the past. With all respect, I think he has not yet. This year I'm sure the organization will have lot of drivers showing interest to come, every year is the same, but with IRC will be more, and they need to do the better choices in this field.
Of course I would like to see Tlustak here, but I prefer the names of Roman Kresta, Vaclav Pech, Pavel Vallousek or Martin Prokop...

PLuto
16th March 2007, 18:01
Well, but he needs to have also a good career in the past. With all respect, I think he has not yet. This year I'm sure the organization will have lot of drivers showing interest to come, every year is the same, but with IRC will be more, and they need to do the better choices in this field.
Of course I would like to see Tlustak here, but I prefer the names of Roman Kresta, Vaclav Pech, Pavel Vallousek or Martin Prokop...

If you will find a local sponsor, nothing isnt impossible :-)

[Madeira-Rally]
16th March 2007, 18:07

To have FIA satatus you only need ......... money.. nothing more... (or almost nothing more) ;)

Madeira
16th March 2007, 18:10
If you will find a local sponsor, nothing isnt impossible :-)

If I find a good sponsor I will go to Czech Republic to see the Barum Rally! :)

PLuto
16th March 2007, 18:54
If I find a good sponsor I will go to Czech Republic to see the Barum Rally! :)

But find sponsor for good driver to compete on rally should be easier than find a sponsor for your trip. And trip to Czech republic isnt so expensive, there are lot of cheap flights...

Jarek Z
19th March 2007, 11:44
Are there really so many cheap flights between Czech Republic and Madeira? Because it's not so easy in Poland. Me and my friens were studying the possibility to go to Madeira and the cheapest flight that we found was 550 euro from Germany. That's not very cheap. I've just found another flight, but this one is twice more expensive and has two intermediate landings :/

PLuto
19th March 2007, 12:25
Are there really so many cheap flights between Czech Republic and Madeira? Because it's not so easy in Poland. Me and my friens were studying the possibility to go to Madeira and the cheapest flight that we found was 550 euro from Germany. That's not very cheap. I've just found another flight, but this one is twice more expensive and has two intermediate landings :/

Germany is cheapest. From Leipzig or Munchen it costs about 270 e, from Vienna 320 e. The cheapest from Czech is around 380 e. Or you can travel with travel agency as a serious vacation, the cheapest for August is 495 e.

PLuto
19th March 2007, 12:27
Germany is cheapest. From Leipzig or Munchen it costs about 270 e, from Vienna 320 e. The cheapest from Czech is around 380 e. Or you can travel with travel agency as a serious vacation, the cheapest for August is 495 e.

But remember, every trip to any island, where isnt possibility to other type of transport than flight or ferry, is expensive.

jure dvorsek
19th March 2007, 13:54
PLuto, you have written one mistake-Šebalj didn't won last year home championship, he was second. Winner was Slovenian driver Tomaz Kaucic with Impreza.

CricketsFilm
19th March 2007, 23:59
In ERC 2007, who is not registration to the championship is transparent to the final classification?

[Madeira-Rally]
20th March 2007, 09:52
In ERC 2007, who is not registration to the championship is transparent to the final classification?

In ERC I think that you don't need to be registered to score points.. only need to finish in the points..

In IRC you need to make an inscription to score points..

Madeira
20th March 2007, 10:12
]In ERC I think that you don't need to be registered to score points.. only need to finish in the points..

You are wrong Paulo. This season Fia have made a few changes in the rules, and you need to be registered in ERC to score points in this championship.

Jarek Z
20th March 2007, 11:44
Madeira is right. Only registered drivers can score points in ERC this year. The drivers without registrations will be "transparent" to the championship.

PLuto
20th March 2007, 13:37
In ERC you must be registered, pay for it 200 Euro and you can take points.
In IRC you (as a driver) neednt to be registered, they must only fulfil some prescriptions :-)

CricketsFilm
20th March 2007, 17:54
You are wrong Paulo. This season Fia have made a few changes in the rules, and you need to be registered in ERC to score points in this championship.

.... so..... Which drivers are registered to ERC 2007?

I have known today Corrado Fontana is registered....

Madeira
20th March 2007, 18:39
.... so..... Which drivers are registered to ERC 2007?

I have known today Corrado Fontana is registered....

These drivers have showed interest to run in this championship, so they must do the register in 2007 ERC.

T. Czopik- VW Polo S2000

CricketsFilm
20th March 2007, 22:21
Corrado Fontana test Fiat Punto S2000 next week to Rally Ronde Valle Imperiesi. Fontana's father will drive Peugeot 206 Wrc in this race....

V.Gatev
21st March 2007, 20:56
And 2 drivers from Bulgaria - European Vice Champion for last season Krum Donchev (Subaru Impreza N12 B) will start in Miglia Miglia, Ina Delta, Bulgaria, Barum, Elpa and Antibes; Dimitar Iliev will drive all tarmac events - Miglia Miglia, Ina Delta, Bulgaria, Barum, Elpa and Antibes (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 (2007)). Rumors in Bulgaria says - Iliev will drive Punto S2000 in two bulgarian events "Trayanovi vrata" and european round Bulgaria.

Jarek Z
22nd March 2007, 11:53
Great news! Thank you for sharing. I wish good luck to both Bulgarian crews, but this year it will be harder for them. They will have to fight against Super 2000 cars...

Jarek Z
29th March 2007, 15:20
The official website of European Rally Championship has been launched at http://www.ercrally.com .

Also, on the official website of Rally Mille Miglia (http://www.rally1000miglia.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=103&Itemid=138&lang=en) you can find some more documents about ERC, like an informational brochure, past winners, etc.

But remember - if any forum member is willing to compete in the championship he should fill in the entry form :)
http://www.rally1000miglia.it/images/pdf/erc%202007%20-%20registration%20%28eng%29.pdf

Addicted
29th March 2007, 16:34
They should show all registered drivers also.

PLuto
3rd April 2007, 14:41
So, it is official, Simon Jean-Joseph will do whole ERC with Citroen C2 S1600 from Citroen Sport.

Tom206wrc
3rd April 2007, 14:53
So, it is official, Simon Jean-Joseph will do whole ERC with Citroen C2 S1600 from Citroen Sport.

The news is on http://www.motors.re (in french) ;)

Great great news for him :up:
Even in a 2WD car he could be a threat for the S2000 drivers(on tarmac) :p :

[Madeira-Rally]
3rd April 2007, 15:03
Really Great!

Jean Joseph is always, Jean Joseph! I doesn't matter what car he drive! He is always fantastic!

Madeira
3rd April 2007, 15:37
Fantastic news indeed!!!!

Simon Jean-Joseph- Citroën C2 S1600

N.O.T
3rd April 2007, 16:47
Great news....J-J is always a spectacle to watch no matter the surface.

PJRevs
3rd April 2007, 18:09
Fantastic news indeed!!!!

Simon Jean-Joseph- Citroën C2 S1600

U forget bulgarian drivers Donchev and Iliev.

HaCo
3rd April 2007, 18:10
The news is on http://www.motors.re (in french) ;)

Great great news for him :up:
Even in a 2WD car he could be a threat for the S2000 drivers(on tarmac) :p :

Hmmm, on pitstop.tv they say he has only the money for the first 2 rounds, with official support from citroen. He is looking for money for the rest of the championship.

atsiotras79
3rd April 2007, 22:56
I heard something today, that Lassa tyres from Turkey are preparing a 2 car team with Evo9s for the ERC and one of them will be driven by Besler! Can anyone from Turkey confirm that?

PLuto
4th April 2007, 01:01
I heard something today, that Lassa tyres from Turkey are preparing a 2 car team with Evo9s for the ERC and one of them will be driven by Besler! Can anyone from Turkey confirm that?

Information about that team is true, but they havent mention something about ERC yet.

FrankenSchwinn
4th April 2007, 02:54
Hmmm, on pitstop.tv they say he has only the money for the first 2 rounds, with official support from citroen. He is looking for money for the rest of the championship.

yes correct but jean-jo is working to bring some more cashmoneyhoney...... and he's a hard worker.

he was instrumental in developing the Clio1600. can you imagine what he could be able to do in the C2!?

[Madeira-Rally]
4th April 2007, 09:36
yes correct but jean-jo is working to bring some more cashmoneyhoney...... and he's a hard worker.

he was instrumental in developing the Clio1600. can you imagine what he could be able to do in the C2!?

I think that in some rallys it won't be difficult for Joseph persuade the organizations to help him participate in that rallys (Madeira for example.. for sure they help him)..

About developing the C2.. hum... I think there's not to much to improve in S1600 category...

[Madeira-Rally]
4th April 2007, 09:56
Maybe this isn't the correct thread, but...

Poland Rally is candidate to WRC 2008 ?

They were presenting their rally in Portugal this weekend..
http://www.autoklub.pl/1175594721,,galeria.html?

Jarek Z
4th April 2007, 11:31
]Maybe this isn't the correct thread, but...

Poland Rally is candidate to WRC 2008 ?

They were presenting their rally in Portugal this weekend..
http://www.autoklub.pl/1175594721,,galeria.html?

Yes, that's true. But to be honest... I don't really care if we get it or not. I don't like the current format of WRC.

[Madeira-Rally]
4th April 2007, 12:03
Yes, that's true. But to be honest... I don't really care if we get it or not. I don't like the current format of WRC.

Don't worry Jarek..

Probably this candidature will be like Rally Vinho Madeira some years ago...

ONLY "bla bla bla bla bla............."

Jarek Z
4th April 2007, 13:09
]Probably this candidature will be like Rally Vinho Madeira some years ago...

ONLY "bla bla bla bla bla............."

Maybe you are right, but Barum and Madeira rallies are on tarmac and Rally Poland is gravel and you know what surface is prefered by FIA. And the stages here are really nice:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg_[desc]=+DESC&modex=pokaz&T[id]=1609

Jarek Z
4th April 2007, 13:19
As far as Jean-Joseph is concerned, it is great to see him having an international programme again! Although I never liked Citroen C2 it will be a pleasure to see Jean-Jo competing. I think it's stupid of Renault to let him go. I will always remember SJJ in his Clio:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=978&pg_[go]=57
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=504&pg_[go]=21

[Madeira-Rally]
4th April 2007, 13:34
As far as Jean-Joseph is concerned, it is great to see him having an international programme again! Although I never liked Citroen C2 it will be a pleasure to see Jean-Jo competing. I think it's stupid of Renault to let him go. I will always remember SJJ in his Clio:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=978&pg_[go]=57
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=504&pg_[go]=21

Some people call Cédric Robert "the new Jeannot" (Jean Ragnotti) but for me... the new Jeannot from Renault is Simon Jean Joseph.. All the time I saw him in action he was always fantastic! And did an excellent job developing the Clio S1600. For sure people won't forget him driving the Clio S1600.

Joseph is a fantastic driver.

I really hope to see him in Madeira once again.. no matter what car ;)

Raven
4th April 2007, 22:51
I think that Robert deserves the title "new Jeannot" his driving style is more similar to Ragnotti.

SJJ is extremely fast, but not so often spectacular :)

I'm really happy to see SJJ again in ERC, unfortunately Solowow will again have very demanding opponent :D Btw, Solowo had accidnet during his last tests in Poland, I don't really know what happened:
http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA/2007/04/testy_solowow_obrebski/img_1603.jpg

Oh, almost forgot ;) We have in Poland new rally portal:

http://www.rajdy.v10.pl

Please enjoy the content, but only in polish :D

Josti
5th April 2007, 00:09
woops, wrong thread.

Jarek Z
5th April 2007, 13:10
Solowow had accidnet during his last tests in Poland, I don't really know what happened.

Yes, and after he saw what he had done with the car, he got in his helicopter and went home ;)
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2142&pg_[go]=31

You can see the rest of the photos here:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg_[desc]=+DESC&pg_[ex_path]=3&modex=pokaz&T[id]=2142

dumb
15th April 2007, 14:40
so does anybodie knows where can i find oficial, full European rally champioship entrants list?

CricketsFilm
15th April 2007, 17:13
During the ERC, on my website, they will come directly inserted news and video from the special stages; not only, already after the shakedown and for all (I hope for 2. Round) the contests of the ERC, will be able to be seen video and onboard of the protagonists...

on http://www.cricketsfilm.tv
"Corrado Fontana Channel Tv”
or
http://www.corradofontana.it/channeltv

harriswrc
19th April 2007, 14:21
Here are the competitors of ERC. They can collect point for the championship:
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/268396847__Euro_Rally_Champ_Entry_2007.pdf

dumb
19th April 2007, 14:35
Here are the competitors of ERC. They can collect point for the championship:
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/268396847__Euro_Rally_Champ_Entry_2007.pdf

thanks man. i really needed this list

Jarek Z
19th April 2007, 14:42
thanks man. i really needed this list

Are you going to compete, too? ;)

dumb
19th April 2007, 14:46
Are you going to compete, too? ;)

yes ofcourse :D

harriswrc
23rd April 2007, 00:15
So, what about ERC standings after 1000 Miglia?

It must be:

Iliev 15
Solowow 8

but who is next? The final official classification didn't include superrally finishers...If this is true the points for the others are:

Travaglia 3
Isik 2
Jean-Joseph 1
Fontana 1

Are they correct?

Jarek Z
23rd April 2007, 09:31
Yes, your standings are correct, Harris.

werner
24th April 2007, 22:16
sorry, edit ...

harriswrc
25th April 2007, 18:34
A new entry in the championship! Nicolas Vouilloz registered to collect points. They have Enrique Garcia Ojeda as his co-driver at the FIA site, so I wonder if it is true, or Peugeot Sport Espana will have a 2-cars team in ERC!

Tom206wrc
25th April 2007, 18:48
A new entry in the championship! Nicolas Vouilloz registered to collect points. They have Enrique Garcia Ojeda as his co-driver at the FIA site, so I wonder if it is true, or Peugeot Sport Espana will have a 2-cars team in ERC!

You mean they will run both championships(IRC+ERC)in their 207 S2000 ??? :eek:

atsiotras79
25th April 2007, 18:50
I think this may happen also with other teams that follow IRC since both championships have common events.

It is absolutely great to have this team in the ERC. I hope all competitors come to Greece.

harriswrc
25th April 2007, 23:05

Here is the updated entrylist.

sal
26th April 2007, 10:56
Massimo Betiiol's pics of the Mille Miglia have appeared!

Jarek Z
26th April 2007, 12:07
Let's hope the 2007 season in ERC will be better for Ojeda than last year, which was a disaster! Good luck to Peugeot Espana team!
http://www.rallyonline.pl/g.php?1&pg_[desc]=+DESC&modex=pokaz&T[id]=1428

atsiotras79
28th April 2007, 08:10
Take a look at the FIA Entrylist.

The mistake with Peugeot Spain is now fixed. Both drivers (Vouilloz-Ojeda) are on the list + 2 new names.

Ercan Kazaz

and

Andrea Navarra

Great news!!!!!

Madeira
28th April 2007, 16:34
Take a look at the FIA Entrylist.

Ercan Kazaz

Great news!!!!!

Nice to see Ercan Kazaz in this list.
Does anybody knows which would be 2007 the main program for him?. IRC or ERC?

secalez
28th April 2007, 17:12
http://www.lacuneta.net

http://www.lacuneta.net/Fotos_07/RallyeCanarias2Etapa/Albums/Album1/Large/photo66.jpg

http://www.lacuneta.net/Fotos_07/RallyeCanarias2Etapa/Albums/Album1/Large/photo67.jpg
http://www.lacuneta.net/Fotos_07/RallyeCanarias2Etapa/Albums/Album1/Large/photo41.jpg
http://www.lacuneta.net/Fotos_07/RallyeCanarias2Etapa/Albums/Album1/Large/photo9.jpg

Safak
26th May 2007, 22:13
Nice to see Ercan Kazaz in this list.
Does anybody knows which would be 2007 the main program for him?. IRC or ERC?

Ercan Kazaz registered due to the reason that Fiat Rally was being organised in accordance with the ERC regulations which doesn't allow unregistered crews to score points if they do Super Rally. Also he has some plans about participating in the other rounds of the ERC in the name of carrying points to Turkish Rally Championship. Cause of the reasons above he registered to ERC/IRC. And as he said in the press meeting his main altitude is Turkish Championship. But as I understand he has some plans about 2008. Also be ready for the other possible surprises ;)

PS: Sorry for being late to reply.

Raven
26th May 2007, 23:33
Any news about foreign drivers on Rally Poland? I know only about Svedlund, Isik, SJJ...

CricketsFilm
26th May 2007, 23:41
Inserted new video OnBoard S.S.16....

on http://www.cricketsfilm.tv "Corrado Fontana Channel TV"
or http://www.corradofontana.it

Few minutes... I'll insert online New video 2. Leg

Tom206wrc
27th May 2007, 09:24
Will there be at least a 207 S2000 in Rally Poland ??? :confused:

Wim_Impreza
27th May 2007, 11:54
Any news about foreign drivers on Rally Poland? I know only about Svedlund, Isik, SJJ...

There are good conditions for Belgium drivers, maybe Dominique Bruyneel will again drive this rally.

PJRevs
27th May 2007, 21:43
I hear in Croatia that JJ will drive C2R2 in Poland.

werner
28th May 2007, 08:20
Hi raven

Poland: I think Aaron Burkart / germany will come with Citr C2 S16

regards

greetings to Jarek!

Jarek Z
31st May 2007, 20:05
Provisional entries for Rali Vinho da Madeira according to http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/apresmadeirarv07.html :

Bruno Magalhăes - Peugeot 207 S2000
Enrique Garcia Ojeda - Peugeot 207 S2000
Nicolas Vouilloz - Peugeot 207 S2000
Bernd Caiser - Peugeot 207 S2000
Marco Cavigioli - Peugeot 207 S2000
Vitor Sá - Fiat Punto S2000
José Pedro Fontes - Fiat Punto S2000
Andrea Navarra - Fiat Punto S2000
Anton Alen - Fiat Punto S2000
Michael Slowow - Fiat Punto S2000
Pieter Tsjoen - Fiat Punto S2000
Freddy Loix - VW Polo S2000-R
Tomek Czopik - VW Polo S2000-R
Luca Betti - Honda Civic Type R R3
Dani Sola - Honda Civic Type R R3
Renato Travaglia - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Fernando Peres - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Bernardo Sousa - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Dimitar Iliev - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Krum Donchev - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
José Magalhăes - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Rui Fernandes - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Abel Spínola - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
Vitor Pascoal - Subaru Impreza WRX
Nuno Barroso Pereira - Subaru Impreza WRX
Pedro Meireles - Subaru Impreza WRX
Rui Pinto - Subaru Impreza WRX
Simon Jean Joseph - Citroen C2 S1600
Filipe Freitas - Renault Clio S1600
Alexandre Camacho - Peugeot 206 S1600
Miguel Nunes - Peugeot 206 S1600
António Nunes - Peugeot 206 S1600
Vitor Lopes - Citroen C2 S1600
Aécio Anjo - Citroen C2 S1600
Duarte Abreu - Peugeot 206 S1600

HaCo
31st May 2007, 20:52
Loooots of belgian drivers!!!! :D :D

Madeira
31st May 2007, 22:29
This is only a preview and I would say a bad preview I have many doubts about the sources of that website. For example the bulgarian drivers have announced that won't be here because in the same date they will run one of the rounds of Bulgarian Championship! Anton Alen??? maybe but the other Fiat driver should be Umberto Scandola!
Pieter Tsojen? Freddy Loix? where did you see something about his presence?
This a provisional rumour of entries!!

PLuto
31st May 2007, 23:11
This is only a preview and I would say a bad preview I have many doubts about the sources of that website. For example the bulgarian drivers have announced that won't be here because in the same date they will run one of the rounds of Bulgarian Championship! Anton Alen??? maybe but the other Fiat driver should be Umberto Scandola!
Pieter Tsojen? Freddy Loix? where did you see something about his presence?
This a provisional rumour of entries!!

I was talking to Pieter's codriver and they have plans to start also on Madeira.

Madeira
31st May 2007, 23:55
I was talking to Pieter's codriver and they have plans to start also on Madeira.

Thank you Pluto!
About the pointing system of the championship, do you have any information?

PLuto
1st June 2007, 11:44
Thank you Pluto!
About the pointing system of the championship, do you have any information?

Which championship do you mean? ERC or IRC? I think everything is clear.

Standings in ERC: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=49
Standings in IRC: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=50
Standings IRC manuf: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=51

Madeira
1st June 2007, 12:30
Which championship do you mean? ERC or IRC? I think everything is clear.

Standings in ERC: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=49
Standings in IRC: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=50
Standings IRC manuf: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=51

I mean the minimum of six presences in ten of each driver during of ERC season in order to validate all of scores they eventually can take during the championship!

PLuto
1st June 2007, 12:32
I mean the minimum of six presences in ten of each driver during of ERC season in order to validate all of scores they eventually can take during the championship!

You can take points during championship. At the end - who will not have six starts - wont be classified. But points from races will not change.

Madeira
1st June 2007, 12:54
You can take points during championship. At the end - who will not have six starts - wont be classified. But points from races will not change.

So, I'm right when I said that Sebralj (or other driver) will lose the points that he earned in Croatia rally if He can not get enough money to start in five more rallys at least... ;)

Jarek Z
1st June 2007, 13:18
Yes, that's true. Sebalj said that after winning his home championship so many times he now wants to compete in ERC, but he isn't sure if he can persuade his sponsors...

Jarek Z
14th June 2007, 18:59
There are two new drivers, Marco Cavigioli and Daniel Fischer, on the entry list for the European Rally Championship. Cavigioli will drive Peugeot 207 S2000, but does anybody know what car will Fischer drive?

Madeira
14th June 2007, 19:05
There are two new drivers, Marco Cavigioli and Daniel Fischer, on the entry list for the European Rally Championship. Cavigioli will drive Peugeot 207 S2000, but does anybody know what car will Fischer drive?

http://rallybase.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118055&page=7
Post number 136

Filip
15th June 2007, 10:06
Juraj Šebalj announced that he is preparing for Rally Bulgaria that is held on 7th July and he hopes that the sponsors will be interested enough to cover the rest of his program for this year.

Here is the whole article:

http://www.sebaljklinc.com/default.aspx?id=133

Jarek Z
18th June 2007, 14:18
I see some differences in the ERC standings. If you look here
http://www.ercrally.com/standings.asp
and here
http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15
you will notice different points number in the case of Isik and Czopik. Anybody know which standings are correct?

PLuto
18th June 2007, 16:14
I see some differences in the ERC standings. If you look here
http://www.ercrally.com/standings.asp
and here
http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15
you will notice different points number in the case of Isik and Czopik. Anybody know which standings are correct?

Yes, difference is due to penalty to Czopik, which gave stewards after finish of Rajd Polski...

Jarek Z
18th June 2007, 16:22
Yes, difference is due to penalty to Czopik, which gave stewards after finish of Rajd Polski...

So what were the bonus points for the second leg? 3 for Travaglia, 2 for Solowow and 1 for Isik?

PLuto
18th June 2007, 17:19
So what were the bonus points for the second leg? 3 for Travaglia, 2 for Solowow and 1 for Isik?

Yes

harriswrc
24th July 2007, 15:53
ELPA Rally Halkidiki 2007 is ready to take place in Halkidiki 5-7/10/2007!

The rally comes back to Halkidiki after 6 years of absence. It will be the 9th round of ERC and hope that all ERC competitors will be there! Halkidiki Rally is the first rally in ERC after many years that will be held in mixed surface. The first day will be on asphalt (6 stages) and the second one will be on the very fast gravel (6 stages).

The site of the rally is opened: http://www.elparally.gr
You can find some info for the rally here: http://www.elparally.gr/2007/common/pdf/brochure.pdf

N.O.T
24th July 2007, 16:46
The gravel stages that are going to be in rally ELPA were used (in shorter format) in rally Thermaikos a few weeks back...pics to get an idea how the stages are up here you can find here

http://www.r40.gr/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12612 (each photo opens a new gallery)

Jarek Z
3rd August 2007, 20:51
A new driver appeared on the entry list for the European Championship. But it is very strange. Firstly, because I thought it is only possible to enter until Rally Poland. And secondly, why did he enter the championship if he will not compete in at least six rounds? The name of the driver is Dani Sola.
http://argent.fia.com/Web/fia-public.nsf/F3D4EF03B324CDD0C1257325004F60EC/$FILE/European-Rally-Championship_Entries07.pdf?Openelement

Mirek
3rd August 2007, 21:12
Jarek, I thought he was there before. And I thought it was in purpose of getting FIA B priority...

Jarek Z
3rd August 2007, 21:18
So it's only to get the priority? Strange!
And he wasn't there before. Betti was, but not Sola.

harriswrc
3rd August 2007, 21:55
A new driver appeared on the entry list for the European Championship. But it is very strange. Firstly, because I thought it is only possible to enter until Rally Poland. And secondly, why did he enter the championship if he will not compete in at least six rounds? The name of the driver is Dani Sola.
http://argent.fia.com/Web/fia-public.nsf/F3D4EF03B324CDD0C1257325004F60EC/$FILE/European-Rally-Championship_Entries07.pdf?OpenelementSola has already competed at 2 rallies, Turkey and Ypres. So, maybe the people of JAS Motorsport decided to follow the remaining ERC rounds, so Sola will have 6 appearances if he drives Madeira, Barum, Halkidiki and Antibes. Sola didn't finish at Turkey and Belgium so there is no problem with other competitors for his points. Maybe he has done an agreement with them or FIA to let him drive for points in ERC.

PLuto
3rd August 2007, 22:11
Sola has already competed at 2 rallies, Turkey and Ypres. So, maybe the people of JAS Motorsport decided to follow the remaining ERC rounds, so Sola will have 6 appearances if he drives Madeira, Barum, Halkidiki and Antibes. Sola didn't finish at Turkey and Belgium so there is no problem with other competitors for his points. Maybe he has done an agreement with them or FIA to let him drive for points in ERC.

You are true...

Jarek Z
3rd August 2007, 22:49
But when Sola was competing in Turkey and Belgium, he wasn't registered in ERC. So, do those 2 rallies count for him or not?

By the way, I wonder if those Hondas will ever score any points in ERC or IRC. The cars look cool, but the competition seems to be too good for them in both championships!

harriswrc
3rd August 2007, 22:55
By the way, I wonder if those Hondas will ever score any points in ERC or IRC. The cars look cool, but the competition seems to be too good for them in both championships!If Sola finish rally Madeira, he will most likely collect some ERC points because there are only 9 registered entries remaining in the rally. :-)

harriswrc
26th August 2007, 15:49
So after Barum Rally Zlin the classification of ERC must be:

1. Garcia Ojeda (207 S2000) 51
2. Iliev (Lancer Evo IX) 43
3. Vouilloz (207 S2000) 40
4. Jean-Joseph (C2 S1600/ C2 R2) 40
5. Travaglia (Lancer Evo IX/ Punto S2000) 35
6. Solowow (Lancer Evo IX/ Punto S2000) 32
7. Isik (Punto S2000) 32
8. Navarra (Punto S2000) 26
9. Fontana (Punto S2000) 25
10. Czopik (Polo S2000/ Lancer Evo IX/ Punto S2000) 16

Peugeot Spain drivers have many possibilities to win the title, so they will probably compete at 2 remaining ERC rounds.

PLuto
22nd November 2007, 18:04
It is official, Renato Travaglia excluded from Rally ELPA, Simon Jean-Joseph is definitelly European Champion for 2007

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=5567

PLuto
22nd November 2007, 18:10
Final standing here: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=15&sk=49

Tom206wrc
22nd November 2007, 19:15
I'm really happy for Simon Jean-Joseph :)

Jarek Z
22nd November 2007, 19:52
Congratulations to Simon on his second ERC title!