PDA

View Full Version : Have you put up you Chrimbo tree yet?

CarlMetro
8th December 2006, 13:50
When driving home late last night it was difficult to spot any house without any Christmas decorations/lights already in place. It seems to get earlier each year, with many putting theirs up even before the month of December has started.

For me traditionally I have always waited until after my birthday before the tree goes up so ours won't see the light of day(see what I did there?) until next weekend.

If you haven't put yours up, when will you? And when will yours come down again?

555-04Q2
8th December 2006, 13:55
Yup. Stuck our two trees up on the 1 December.

Dave B
8th December 2006, 13:58
Ours went up on the first weekend of December, primarily because we're stupidly busy this coming weekend.

Being an artificial tree it's not really a problem having it up this early, but if we had a real one we'd probably wait a week or so.

I certainly would never put a tree up before December had started, and always observe the "12th night" rule about taking it down.

Oh, and we've also got a little pink fibre-optic one this year, which I promise you was Susy's doing....

Caroline
8th December 2006, 14:07
Ours is already up :) We have a nice 4 foot tall real tree in a pot :) Doesn't have any decorations at the moment and actually looks nice like that! :) Went up last weekend. Oh crap I posted as Caroline - Daniel :mark:

DocF225
8th December 2006, 14:17
Ours won't go up until next weekend. It's never up much past the first of the year. With 4 big rammy dogs in the house, protecting the tree from damage is exhausting.

chequered flag
8th December 2006, 14:55
Ours was SUPPOSED to go up on the 1st...but i got lazy lol. we have a fake tree due to all the hayfever/asthma sufferers in the house. Havent put the outside lights up though..got some mighty fine icicle lights that flash to stick on the house. hOoray for chrissy!!

Ian McC
8th December 2006, 15:48
2 trees and various other stuff up on the 1st, I have yet to venture outside to put up the outside lights yet.

schmenke
8th December 2006, 15:49
We usually wait until about a week or two before Christmas before putting ours up. Since we always get a real one, I find if we put it up an earlier it will just dry out :mark: We'll probably put ours up next weekend.

Outdoor lights have been up for a couple of weeks now.

CarlMetro
8th December 2006, 15:51
We usually wait until about a week or two before Christmas before putting ours up. Since we always get a real one, I find if we put it up an earlier it will just dry out :mark: We'll probably put ours up next weekend.

Do you go and cut it down yourself?

Altogether now........"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.........."

Ian McC
8th December 2006, 15:52
Do you go and cut it down yourself?

Altogether now........"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.........."

"He likes to wear suspenders, high heels and a bra" :eek:

grassrootsracer
8th December 2006, 16:00
Nope. With my family scattered throughout the Southeast, we haven't put up our tree yet. It's one of those family traditions where we do it when everyone is together.

expat1
8th December 2006, 16:12
I have put some lights into the windows, and some paper stars. WeŽve got some straw things as well in the house. (Did it on 1st dec)

IŽll buy our tree about one week before christmas. WeŽll put it up on 24th during the day and decorate it together. On the 6th of january it will end up in our fireplace.

Usually we have an "Adventskranz" (a wreath with four candles on it, one for each advent sunday) but not this year I managed to forget :s

schmenke
8th December 2006, 16:14
Do you go and cut it down yourself?...

No, but I do like to press wild flowers :p :

J4MIE
8th December 2006, 16:19
10 days to go before thinking about it yet :)

Ian McC
8th December 2006, 16:21
10 days to go before thinking about it yet :)

I suppose you haven't done any Christmas shopping yet then.

viper_man
8th December 2006, 17:02
We go and get one from a christmas tree farm just outside of Lincoln every year on the 10th, 2 days before my birthday. Dont ask why, just a funny tradition me mum has.

Does everyone else get real trees? It simply has to be real for me.

expat1
8th December 2006, 17:13
;) and what about real candles on the real tree?

The characteristic sound of needles in the vacuum cleaner just belongs to christmas for me :) so it has to be a real tree...

schmenke
8th December 2006, 17:19
...The characteristic sound of needles in the vacuum cleaner just belongs to christmas for me :) ...

:laugh: :up:

odykas
8th December 2006, 17:48
My house is "X-mas tree clean" (tm)

Dave B
8th December 2006, 18:18
;) and what about real candles on the real tree?

The characteristic sound of needles in the vacuum cleaner just belongs to christmas for me :) so it has to be a real tree...

The characteristic sound of the fire engine is a good enough reason not to have real candles!

Hazell B
8th December 2006, 19:01
It's right about now I realise selling out of Christmas trees was a mistake. Didn't save one for us :mark:

Doh!

I've still got the baby tree we had at last April's Brands Christmas party, but the dogs have been peeing on it's pot so I won't bother bringing it home ..... and I will rinse it before next year's forum party :p :

schmenke
8th December 2006, 19:04
I still got the baby we had last April, but the dogs have been peeing on it so I won't bother bringing it home ..... and I will rinse it before next year's party :p :

:s hock: :eek:

J4MIE
8th December 2006, 19:21
I suppose you haven't done any Christmas shopping yet then.

Well, not really but ordered a couple of cases of wine this afternoon when I saw a decent offer on :D

Daniel
8th December 2006, 19:30
The guy two doors up had his inflatable snowman inflated this afternoon and we had a hailstorm and now he is slumped on the roof all deflated. You should have heard the excitement in Caroline's voice when I told her that he appears to be dead. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

Ian McC
8th December 2006, 19:59
Well, not really but ordered a couple of cases of wine this afternoon when I saw a decent offer on :D

Buying stuff for yourself doesn't count! :p :

slinkster
8th December 2006, 20:50
Put up our tree last week and I have to say, it looks gorgeous. It's black, artificial and it's my very first christmas tree of my own. :)

J4MIE
8th December 2006, 21:42
Buying stuff for yourself doesn't count! :p :

Damn, will have to start saving up again then! :bigcry:

Banshee
8th December 2006, 21:44
Put ours up on the 1st of December. Not a happy experience though as it was HOT, about 30 degrees and it took 4.5 hours to untangle the tree lights.

But boy does it look beautiful :D

Daniel
8th December 2006, 22:34
We've just decorated our tree :) Looks quite nice I think! :)

Brown, Jon Brow
8th December 2006, 23:20
We usually put ours up after my brothers birthday on the 12th. If it was up to me though I would put it up on the 24th and bring it down on the 26th..............................bah humbug

viper_man
9th December 2006, 03:29
We usually put ours up after my brothers birthday on the 12th

Good day for a birthday that! ;)

suzy m
9th December 2006, 15:26
Mine isn't up yet as I'm moving house next week. :s

Hazell B
9th December 2006, 17:23
Put up our tree last week and I have to say, it looks gorgeous. It's black, artificial and it's my very first christmas tree of my own. :)

We saw some black trees in a store last month and I loved them! The one all decorated in silver was my favourite, but the people with me each liked a different one - so I guess it's down to personal taste.

viper_man
9th December 2006, 19:34
Just got our real one today, from a tree farm near Doddington just outside of Lincoln.

It is immense.

slinkster
9th December 2006, 19:46
We saw some black trees in a store last month and I loved them! The one all decorated in silver was my favourite, but the people with me each liked a different one - so I guess it's down to personal taste.

Yeah that's how I've done mine. All silver, white and black decorations... with white lights too. My jack skellington bauble just sets it off perfectly too! :D

slinkster
9th December 2006, 20:22
Here it is... if anyone cares... hehe

stevie_gerrard
10th December 2006, 16:16
Ours will go up in my house on the 17th December, when im back home for christmas and they can make me put it up :( :p :

In the flat, we were gonna get one but it cost too much and we are all skint till after christmas :p :

TexasRaceLady
10th December 2006, 16:22
We've put up the outside lights, but really haven't decided about a tree in the house. The kids and grandkids aren't coming home, so we may just skip the tree.

jso1985
10th December 2006, 22:02
Usually we put it up after my birthday(December 3rd) but as the lazy bunch we're in my house, the current plans are today or Tuesday

nicemms
10th December 2006, 22:21
In the flat, we were gonna get one but it cost too much and we are all skint till after christmas :p :

You will have to get one for next year in the sales!

grassrootsracer
10th December 2006, 22:41
A black tree; now I like that. We have a real tree set up in our race shop office. It's decorated with small parts from our car and a drive chain as tinsel.