PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round circuit layout

Radders
3rd March 2007, 21:19
Are we on the full GP or the shorter Indy Brand layout?

Pretty please Mr Gow can we have the GP layout? Are whilst your making those sorts of decisions, please keep that chicane at Rockingham?

Ta

Jimmy Magnusson
3rd March 2007, 21:26
I much prefer Indy, better for spectators.

Radders
3rd March 2007, 21:34
Agreed, but if you can be bothered, watching the cars out back is fantastic

Big Boonster
3rd March 2007, 23:14
Its Indy for both rounds at Brands, and Rockingham chicane not being used. The layout at Rockingham is not helped by chicane (my view having raced on it and won!), the format being used for BTC is good and will provide more overtaking, but first hairpin is likely to through up soem shunts...

Iain
3rd March 2007, 23:18
That first hairpin reminds me of that square right hander at Macau where they funnel down from 4 wide to 2 abreast or even single file.

VkmSpouge
4th March 2007, 00:15
That first hairpin reminds me of that square right hander at Macau where they funnel down from 4 wide to 2 abreast or even single file.

Yeah should be very interesting with hopefully a big field...probably will be a slightly smaller one coming out of it.

Radders
4th March 2007, 10:58
Its Indy for both rounds at Brands, and Rockingham chicane not being used. The layout at Rockingham is not helped by chicane (my view having raced on it and won!), the format being used for BTC is good and will provide more overtaking, but first hairpin is likely to through up soem shunts...

If that's the case I'm a tad disappointed for the Rockingham event, but on the other hand those boys are going to be doing some mighty speeds through turn 1 then - wonder if it's flat in a Super 2000 car?! They'll be honking along at over 140mph before they think about putting the anchors on - and then, as you say getting round the left hander. Crumbs... Good luck people

Iain
4th March 2007, 14:38
Be interesting to see if anyone's brave enough to overtake on that oval section!