PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock to Headline Carb Day Concert at Indy

pvtjoker
1st March 2007, 15:17
INDYCAR: Kid Rock to Headline Carb Day Concert at Indy
Written by: IndyCar Communications
Indianapolis, Ind. – 3/1/2007

Rock icon Kid Rock will be the headline act for the Miller Lite Carb Day Concert on Friday, May 25 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Miller Brewing Company and IMS officials announced today.

The concert is free to all ticket holders for Miller Lite Carb Day, the final day of on-track activity before the 91st Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 27. Additionally, legal-drinking-age race fans can win tickets in promotional 24-packs of Miller Lite starting in April.

“Kid Rock is a perfect musical match for Miller Lite Carb Day,” IMS President Joie Chitwood said. “His music is all about power, emotion and a good time, and that’s exactly what our fans experience on one of the most popular days during the Month of May in Indianapolis.”

The final practice for the IndyCar Series before the 91st Indianapolis 500 starts the on-track activity from 11 a.m.-noon (ET). The Freedom 100 race for the Indy Pro Series starts at 12:30 p.m., followed by the popular Checkers/Rally’s Pit Stop Challenge at 1:30 p.m. The Miller Lite Carb Day Concert is scheduled to start at approximately 3:30 p.m.

General admission tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance online at http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, via phone at (317) 492-6700 or (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or at the Ticket Office at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Tickets also can be purchased at the gate. All Miller Lite Carb Day activities are included in the ticket price.

ZzZzZz
1st March 2007, 21:55
Absolutely the most repulsive performer I've ever seen. I lasted one song before walking out. Blech!

Mark in Oshawa
10th March 2007, 15:46
At least he is more "hip" with the kids than Gene freaking Simmons!!!

ZzZzZz
11th March 2007, 06:27
He's a more recent has-been. I could find more positive to say about Simmons, but it's not worth the effort.

It seems 95% of the musicians the various race series book either suck or are a bad mismatch.

The San Jose people seem to have a clue. They got the B52s in '05. In '06 they had David Lee Roth and Pete Escovito. Frankly, I thought David would come across as pathetic, but I had some free time, so thought I'd check out a song or two. They did only Van Halen songs (most appropriate for this gig), he was in peak form and the band were all extremely talented and not only didn't degrade the songs, but added to them. So, possibly better musically than Van Halen ever was. (Except no light show, not too much jumping around like 20 year olds, and the amps were only turned up to 10.)

gofastandwynn
11th March 2007, 07:21
(Except no light show, not too much jumping around like 20 year olds, and the amps were only turned up to 10.)

You see that is the problem, you are playing at 10 you can go anywhere. That is when you need to go to ELEVEN.

As far as Kid Rock goes, Bob is the nicest celebrity that I ever met in a strip club.