PDA

View Full Version : 14 cars according brscc website

car20
27th February 2007, 15:29
According to new brscc website their is 14 promised drivers for 2007?

better than six this time last year and still time for more to join the fray ???
or is this the number we can expect ??

savage86
27th February 2007, 16:05
14 Will be alright but they need to make sure the racing is close.
There is no excuse now for all the cars being spread out SCSA have been at rockingham for years.

If 10 or so of the cars are battling every race it will be fantastic.

cgs
27th February 2007, 16:18
14 is great news for this time of year. hopefully more teams will confirm in the coming months

Abo
27th February 2007, 16:45
According to new brscc website their is 14 promised drivers for 2007?

better than six this time last year and still time for more to join the fray ???
or is this the number we can expect ??

Got a link?

Rocsta
27th February 2007, 17:41
Got a link?

try this one out
http://www.brscc-new.co.uk/scsa-v8.html

Abo
27th February 2007, 18:17
Ah cool, thanks. Was looking at the old site...

champcarjim
27th February 2007, 18:48
does anyone know if they have any plans to put success ballast into cars or reverse grids ???

when can we expect the next update ??

JDPower
27th February 2007, 19:07
Well lets just hope they keep the 'promise' of at least 14.

Rusty Spanner
27th February 2007, 20:33
Well lets just hope they keep the 'promise' of at least 14.

Thats what I was thinking.

champcarjim
27th February 2007, 21:20
promises, promises eh

well if they don't then it is bye bye scsa , it would be a shame if the potential that it showed in it's early days was never brought to fruitation,

Rome wasn't built in a day but scsa has had 6 years!

cgs
27th February 2007, 21:50
does anyone know if they have any plans to put success ballast into cars or reverse grids ???

when can we expect the next update ??

ballast will NEVER happen as has been mentioned in previous discussions because these cars are dependant on weight balence so adding extra weight or making cars lighter really upsets the cars handling. but if placed correctly, more weight on one side of the car can acatully help the car and make it faster.

as for reverse grids, i'm not sure what to think about that. perhaps if it was only a small number of cars at the top of the field (top 8 for example) as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.

Abo
28th February 2007, 01:28
as for reverse grids, i'm not sure what to think about that. perhaps if it was only a small number of cars at the top of the field (top 8 for example) as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.

Rookies always to the back, same as we do in Pickups

acorn
28th February 2007, 13:07
........ as slower cars can often just get in the way and cause a big pile up, especially at starts/restarts. just look at what happened to Oli Playle last season when he got a slow start.

ask colin white and tony hurdle what they think of reverse grids. most of their racing on the short ovals has been spent passing "slower" cars. set grids by qualifying times with fastest at the front and what do you normally get... a procession much like formula 1.

yes, reverse grids are contrived but it's for the spectator. it's great to see who can and can't handle traffic(need i mention some of the f1 stars when they've started down the field without the aid of a blue flag to help them overtake).

the cream will always rise to the top.

Dave17
28th February 2007, 16:45
....the cream will always rise to the top.

....or end up parked in the turn one wall keeping me company!

I'm not in favour of reverse grids.

Alfa Fan
28th February 2007, 18:15
A case of believe it when I see it when it comes to 14 cars for SCSA. Weren't we promised 20 last year? and 20 again for this year a few months ago>

acorn
28th February 2007, 18:51
that'll be this statement you're referring to:

"Currently there are 17 cars that have PROVISIONALLY confirmed, I could name them but it’s up to each team to make their announcements, some are new teams as well as the established ones, in the last two weeks some exciting enquiries have been made that COULD easily see us into the 20’s."

note, it doesn't actually promise anything. there's a "provisionally" and a "could" in there. a wise move not to "promise" anything with sceptics lurking.

cgs
28th February 2007, 19:19
was that before or after Gavin Wills annouced they were having problems getting a series sponsor? many teams pulled out after the series was on the rocks

Torquespeed annouced 4 cars, West-tec 3 cars, including Vergers being sponsored by Irwin

acorn
28th February 2007, 19:46
scsa update #1 posted 10th december 2006 on this forum

champcarjim
28th February 2007, 20:22
thing is about motor racing is things all revolve around money if you dont have it or if people dont give you enough then you aint going to get far!

i have yesterday sent for my season ticket and have booked hotels long time ago for my family as i said earlier last chance saloon for scsa!

Daytona Demon
28th February 2007, 20:52
Does anyone know any more about ASCE.

Their website shows as racing at Rockingham in 2007!!!!

racing59
28th February 2007, 23:10
ASCE fell on it's face. Cars were far too expensive for what they were.

Mass' site was quoting $100,000 for a car, which was a "used" Cup car, with a Busch engine.

The issue last year, speaking from experience, was that there was NO rookie training. There were people wanting to have a go, like me, and couldn't get licenced.

Thankfully, due to the efforts of people like Duane, there IS going to be rookie training (Easter). There IS a big push to raise the public profile of the series, and Rockingham as a unique Oval course. There are a lot of things that are going on behind the scenes which I'm keeping my trap shut about too. Oooo it's exciting.

Team Air Ambulance is go. Once I get the car painted, and some livery on it, I'll be posting more.

I have a spotter now, and I'm steadily building a crew. All I need now is some money!!!

I must say, the new (in development) BRSCC site looks pretty good, much much better than their old site. Ian Brown seems to be doing a good job, turning what became a sow's lughole, back into a silk purse.

Rob.