PDA

View Full Version : Rally rating - poll

Magnus
13th February 2007, 19:35
With MC and Sweden over with, we now await Norway. What would you guys think abt having a poll abt how good we think the rallies have been, before to much of the season have passed?
The rating should be based on factors like excitement (good battles and so on), conditions, weather, number of competing cars and so on. All in all, regardless of wheather we could follow the rally live or if we had to follow it by computer, what we thought of the whole competition.

My suggestion is that we have a points system between 1 and 10, and that we at the end of the season will present our own Rally of the year!

Of course: every forumer might be biased when it comes to their home rally, but I guess we will have to buy that!

/Magnus

jso1985
13th February 2007, 20:31
in a few words(and numbers)

Montecarlo: 5.5
Sweden: 7

N.O.T
13th February 2007, 20:47
nice idea....

Monte: 4
Sweden: 5

Jarek Z
13th February 2007, 21:31
Monte - 3.5
Sweden - 5

Kaps
13th February 2007, 21:54
I must say I fail to see why Sweden was better than Monte?

Josti
13th February 2007, 23:23
* Monte Carlo - 4 (would rate 3 if it wasn't for Hirvo and Atko's close battle).
* Sweden - 6.5

I reckon Norway will be more interesting.

GigiGalliNo1
14th February 2007, 02:45
Sweden was more exciting, more cars and more drivers and Gigi of course but if you take away that I'm a big Galli fan, Sweden was a great round from my computer/office it was great to follow and hear all the news. :)

Yet to have watched Monte so about a 6/10

Sweden 8.5/10

Helstar
14th February 2007, 03:59
Montecarlo 4/10 would have been a 3 without the SSS

Sweden more cars-drivers, close battle (in the beginning in spite of all) and different stage winners, it deserves a 7.5/10

Xeroid
14th February 2007, 04:59
Monte Carlo 3, cancelled stages, lack of coverage via www
Sweden 7, better competition, more excitement, better coverage.

WRCfan
14th February 2007, 05:02
Monte Carlo was a yawn fest, i dont usually turn off the video highlights but VERY nearly did, whats the point in watching something more boring then F1?

Elgin Man
14th February 2007, 08:32
Monte Carlo - 5/10
Sweden - 6/10

olmy
14th February 2007, 08:56
Since i attended Monte Carlo the opinion is the following:

Monte Carlo 8
Sweden 8/9

The super special stage in Monte Carlo was truly awsome, and yes, it managed to to raise my mark a little bit :) the minutes before the official start when all the cars were on the track, following one another were fantastic.

teufel
14th February 2007, 10:02
Monte 6
Sweden 8

I think we had one of the most exciting day1 in Sweden with different stage winners and some strong "privateer" performance!

Simmi
14th February 2007, 10:18
Monte 5
Sweden 7

To be honest I think a rally as good as Sweden is all we can hope for with its number of place changes. How long ago was it when a rally was last decided by half a minute or under?

mdesign
14th February 2007, 10:25
monte: 5 (discovering the new C4 potencial and the improved subaru, and most of all Mikko vs Atkinson)
Sweden: 9 (plenty of competition, Gronholm calling Loeb crazy lol and the first world apearance of Armindo Araujo)

Wim_Impreza
14th February 2007, 10:37
Monte: 4 - not much battles and the entries weren't good.
Sweden: 7 - I was in the hospital on Friday until Saturday afternoon, 8 different stage winners what was a long time ago

Corny
14th February 2007, 11:01
If I see the Montes in the past, I should give it a 2/10.. But it's the first snowfree Monte I've seen, so that makes a 4/10 for me :D
Sweden was OK, especially first day, so that makes a 7/10 for me

jonas_mcrae
14th February 2007, 11:10
Monte 4.5 and the SSS battle saved it, overall it was very boring if you were not there, also missed the old montecarlo
Sweden 8 good battles, plety of action,gigi and best of all Loeb not winning

Micke_VOC
14th February 2007, 12:23
Monte 4 ( because new ss winners, like Hirvo, Atkin)
Sweden 8 Because perfect weather, nice fight, not so much retirments..

leno
14th February 2007, 13:23
Monte 5 (because fight beteween Miko and Atko)
Sweden 8 (because very interesting first day!)

Magnus
14th February 2007, 14:08
Ok, see you like the idea :)
To the admins: is there any way of making a more structured sıstem for a poll like this, to sum up a poll of this kind at the end of the season will otherwise be a tough match!

pino
14th February 2007, 14:45
Ok, see you like the idea :)
To the admins: is there any way of making a more structured sıstem for a poll like this, to sum up a poll of this kind at the end of the season will otherwise be a tough match!

At the end of the season, I will start a poll with all WRC events included, to found out what event was the best/our favourite...how about that ? ;)

Magnus
14th February 2007, 16:14
Have to go with that I guess :(
Never the less I will try to update the poll continualy during the year: at least my memory is short but bad :s , and I think I am not the only one with that problem!

So: I will collect the votes, count them, and try to display them in a good way, thus updating the poll ahead of every new rally. The poll for MC and Sweden I suggest will be open until thursday 2400, and the poll for Norway will be open until thursday 2400 before rally Mexico.

Are you with me on this and support the proposed system?

WRC1
14th February 2007, 17:01
just one more suggestion, i think it would be good to seperate the votes from people who visited an event live and for people who followed the race from home

i know it will make the poll not easier, but it is a big difference...

anyway, here is my vote:

Monte( i was there): 5/10 - poor entry list, no juniors, no pwrc
- no snow
- no turini, only a micky mouse stage on sunday..
- the service park was a desaster....
+ the night stage
+ the c4 is a real beauty
+ the new stages are nice and fast

Sweden (from home): 8/10 + great entry list!!
+ good fights, especially on the first day
+ nice weather
+ the coverage, live streams are top
+ the weather was perfect
- a bit more snow would have been perfect

regards

wrc1

Viktory
14th February 2007, 21:11
Monte: 4/10 Nothing special in my opinion.

Sweden: 9/10 Perfect rally (Spectating helped) Great weather, good amount of snow, good fight on Friday, I got to see alot. Shame this might have been my last Swedish rally spectating..

Koppomsbo
14th February 2007, 21:25
Monte this year and all other years, 0/10 take it out of the calender. I find it ridiculus that other rallies must fight hard to get into/stay in the calender when monte every year has huge probs with cancelled stage and so on...

Sweden this year.. 8/10 Good entry list, good conditions....

newaddict
14th February 2007, 22:25
monte- 6/10
- classics stages to view-gone
+ night stages-yeah!!!
+ couple of battles-pivotal moments-new tyre stories etc.

Sweden 7/10
+ stages in the dark
+ snow came in to play
+ marcus' quotes
-not great after first day

S

Tomi
14th February 2007, 22:29
Monte - I did not follow
Sweden 9, always a excellent rally

pino
14th February 2007, 22:43
Monte 5 : Not a great entry-list, No Turini, stages cancelled...

Sweden 8 : Great entry-list, perfect weather, exciting 1 Leg, I was there :p :

Tomi
14th February 2007, 22:51
Monte - I did not follow
Sweden 9, always a excellent rally

Sweden 8, i forgot pino was there :)