PDA

View Full Version : Janne Tuohino goes S2000 ??

A.F.F.
6th February 2007, 10:59
Janne has tested Toyota's and Volkswagen's S2000 machinery and also got familiar with Fiat and Peugeot. He said that all the cars seem very interesting. He also said it would be interesting to know how fast S2000 group cars are comparing to group-N cars at this moment. He added that in Arctic Rally group-N went really fast.

It seem that Janne is interested of S2000 but wants to wait a bit longer to see their capasity.

I think there are many more drivers now in the crossroad, waiting to decide.

All hail to S2000 :hot: ;)

Tom206wrc
6th February 2007, 11:16
There's already a thread dedicated to S2000... ;)

A.F.F.
6th February 2007, 11:40
You're right Tom.

Lock this. It was supposed to be a newflash anyway :)

Fly
6th February 2007, 11:55
He added that in Arctic Rally group-N went really fast.

We need to compare S2000 to group N on other surfaces in 2007. S2000 are harder to drive in bad conditions (high revs...).
However, I admit that group N cars driven by Katajamaki, Ketomaa, Salo or others will be tough to beat on fast gravel rallies too.

jure dvorsek
6th February 2007, 12:06
If you look results from last season in Italy, then there is no doubt: S2000 (punto) was faster on tarmac as well on gravel. And nobody can not say for drivers in N4 cars(Longhi,Dallavilla, Travaglia, Cunico...) that thay are slow ones....We are talking here about ex-national champion's. On snow and ice we will get answer end of this week.

Brother John
6th February 2007, 12:24
Why make people a mess on this forum? :dozey:
Probable also disorder on their own computer.

Read first before you start a new thread!!! :confused:

Official S2000 thread (http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112634)

http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112634

Erki
6th February 2007, 13:12
Jaisus, John, what's wrong with you, why so grumpy? Go have a Jack!

A.F.F.
6th February 2007, 16:22
Why make people a mess on this forum? :dozey:
Probable also disorder on their own computer.

Read first before you start a new thread!!! :confused:

Official S2000 thread (http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112634)

http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112634

Chill BJ.

I kinda know there's a thread about S2000, considering that I MADE IT.

HaCo
6th February 2007, 16:25
Jaisus, John, what's wrong with you, why so grumpy? Go have a Jack!

They are right. All info should be in the same thread. Or they should start an N4 section!

Josti
6th February 2007, 21:15
What's all the fuss about, The mods will take care of it.

To the subject itself. I think it's intresting. Janne is kind of finished in the big WRC scene. At least, I don't expect him getting into a big team anymore, other than several appearances in Sweden or Finland. S2000 would be a good move for him. They need drivers like him in this class.

A.F.F.
7th February 2007, 06:18
I agree with you Josti. It's over for Janne but at best joining S2000 might be a boost for him back to the scene :up:

As well as other drivers too.

pino
7th February 2007, 06:29
They are right. All info should be in the same thread.

Not necessarily, the thread is about Tuohino and there's nothing wrong in having a separate thread :)

Tomi
7th February 2007, 06:39
Jannes train left a few years back, but good that he get something to drive.

JAM
7th February 2007, 09:58
The ones who blame this thread are friends of David Richards :D the guy who feels threatned by the S2000 cars and the IRC.

I think that Tuohino, as many other good drives without seat, could make an option for the 2nd lever WRC wich is the IRC. Why not? Even some former WRC rallyes are there! The solutions about whom i wrote here many months ago is starting to grow: WRC -> 1st level / IRC -> 2nd level.

cosmicpanda
8th February 2007, 05:05
Good that he has another opportunity, better than nothing.

I would prefer him in the WRC though since the IRC doesn't come to NZ :(

Karukera
8th February 2007, 09:24
I always found funny to see some brainless Gurus saying which thread is good or not when they open super smart threads such as "now Kronos is private blah, blah ".

About Tuohino, a drive is a drive even if it's not in the 1st league.

In all fairness to Tuohino he got his few drives in rather difficult conditions : new car and very few time for testing, difficult rallies he didn't know.

In 2006, holding an excellent 5th in Sve before the car broke, taking a convincing 6th in Suo with a nearly zero testing car among a bunch of top drivers with a 6 months gap without driving is very good to me.

2005 ? sorry for their fans but high attrition level is the only way to challenge for a decent position in a Skoda.

2004 : acheived very good results in a good a car considering his experience on those rallies with the obligation to show speed, reliablity and not the least, grabbing manu points.

2003 : Lots of offs allowed him to take a 7th position and it was in A Skoda !

Still, he finished the rally ahead of some of his compatriots when many others broke a wheel, were on fire or in the ditches.

Once one figures that out, it would change the way most people rate him.

So i'm glad for him to keep in touch with the sport. :up:

RS
8th February 2007, 14:29
About Tuohino, a drive is a drive even if it's not in the 1st league.

In all fairness to Tuohino he got his few drives in rather difficult conditions : new car and very few time for testing, difficult rallies he didn't know.

2005 ? sorry for their fans but high attrition level is the only way to challenge for a decent position in a Skoda.

2003 : Lots of offs allowed him to take a 7th position and it was in A Skoda !

So i'm glad for him to keep in touch with the sport. :up:

Are we talking about the same driver? Events he did in 2006 were Sweden and Finland which I think he knows pretty well!

He also didn't drive a Skoda in 2003 AFAIK?

Anyway, would be nice to see him in an S2000 car, not fast enough or rich enough for a works WRCar drive :(

Karukera
8th February 2007, 18:34
Yes, RS, it was a Focus WRC. My bad copy & paste. Wanted to say "not in a Skoda" and the whole sentence lost all of its sense.

Still, in 06, he jumped in the Xsara with no real preparation, the team having very few feedback from snow rallies. Then he had a 6 months gap without driving on WRC stages before taking a 6th in his country. Which i would rate as "very good" considering the contender's list including home players, manu drivers and regular privateers.

I think he didn't have a real chance in a works car. Maybe not ultimate winning material but potentially in the likes of Rovanperä.

Tom206wrc
23rd March 2007, 08:46
Any news about Janne Tuohino's 2007 program until now ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
23rd May 2007, 12:32
No more news ??? What's Tuohino decision toward S2000 ??? :confused:

DonJippo
23rd May 2007, 14:43
No news because there is nothing to tell...

jonkka
24th May 2007, 11:29
Chill BJ.

I kinda know there's a thread about S2000, considering that I MADE IT.

Since this has turned into a pickering thread, I can't resist temptation.

Frank made chicken soup when sat on a egg left on a chair by Mooch (source Mutts comics approx 2001). You started a thread about S2K.

Sulland
13th January 2008, 15:42
What happened to Tuohino for 08 ?

Tomi
13th January 2008, 16:51
What happened to Tuohino for 08 ?

Sofar nothing much, he is driving arctic rally in a WRC Subaru and is trying to get together somekind of program in the WRC.