PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Winter Testing.

Sleeper
26th January 2007, 15:05
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=2798

Judging by the times set in testing here LMP2 is going to be fiercly fouht out this year and might even regularly challenge the Audi's.

bigdog14
26th January 2007, 15:35
And the Penske Porsches did not show their real speed ...

Subaru WRX
26th January 2007, 19:45
I dont think that the P2 from Porsche & Acura, can beat the more powerful R10 TDi of the Cahmpion Racing, even if in these winter tests, they are as quick as the Audi did in 2006

Sleeper
26th January 2007, 23:34
What surprises me is just how quick Andretti-Green and Highcroft Racing got those Courages to go. Untill now the impression I had is that they were no-where near the pace of the Lola and Radical and only scored wins because many cars in the class are unreliable and there are more Courages than any other so they had a better chance of victory if they could last.

1LM1
27th January 2007, 10:13
Actually, the brand new Courage LC 75 (LMP2) seems to be very good, very fast.
So is the LC 70 (LMP1 but same body).
Regarding the LC 70, it was proven last year in the LMS. A very fast car with a huge potential.

Paul Holroyd
27th January 2007, 19:26
GT2 will be one to look out for two, what with the new Porsche RSR.

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2007, 19:39
The times look like the series will be really exciting this year, but lets face it, until the Audi's are on the track at the same time, there is no point in speculating how many races the Lola's, Porsches and Courages will win until we see how much work has been done with the R10's.

I do like the fact though that we have a lot more prototypes. Promoters can sell those cars to the general public.

Scuderia ferrari
28th January 2007, 14:08
Go team Penske! I really like there RS sypers, so hopefully they will go well.

So anyoing they never show any of the races over here, and they show nascar.

Sleeper
28th January 2007, 15:27
Actually, the brand new Courage LC 75 (LMP2) seems to be very good, very fast.
So is the LC 70 (LMP1 but same body).
Regarding the LC 70, it was proven last year in the LMS. A very fast car with a huge potential.

I didnt mention the LC70 as I know thats a very fast prototype but until the Sebring test times I had never seen an LC75 (or C65 for that matter) get anywhere near the Lolas on pace.

I'll say it again, it looks like LMP2 will provide some very good racing this year.

1LM1
28th January 2007, 16:24
I'll say it again, it looks like LMP2 will provide some very good racing this year.

For sure.
LMP2 in ALMS and LMP1 in LMS are both very promising.

RS Spyder
29th January 2007, 16:19
The P2 cars in ALMS can't really compete with P1.
The ACO clearly states that a 1,5% time gap will be enforced (with required modifications at the end of the year if not upheald) between P1 and P2 classes. Although IMSA hold the right to implement their own performance equalizing, up till now they have only implemented performance equalizing rules for cars within the same class. The IMSA regulations however, state that if there are no IMSA specific rules passed, then the ACO rules apply. The ACO rules are the basis for all "Le Mans" type championships.
Given the above, I'm interesated to see what happens if the P2 cars give the Audi's a hard time. (not likely...but on tight tracks, you never know)

coolhand
4th February 2007, 12:10
I see that the ALMS series is going to run in conjunction with both Champcar and the IRL at some events. Does it seem as though that the ALMS is growing to be a very healthy series and looks to be getting very competitive. I know that the Saturday nite race in Houston last year was quite popular. Just wondering what some of your thoughts are.

harvick#1
6th February 2007, 00:18
wow, Audi just blew the times away from P2 being 3 seconds faster than the Fastest P2 ride