PDA

View Full Version : WRC Sweden 2007 - Program Required.

RicKT
21st January 2007, 16:38
Im after a WRC Sweden 2007 program... Has any one got one on PDF which i can have a read of proir to going,

We are going with Rally travel and i expect we will get ours a few days before, or it may be in the welcome pack when we arrive.

However, i would like to have a read to make some plans for stages etc, or does any one know where i can get some in detail infomation regarding all stages?

Cheers

RicKT

J4MIE
21st January 2007, 16:54
http://www.swerally.se

You will get decent maps from rally travel though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

WRXedUSA
22nd January 2007, 04:54
The RallyPass from the organizers or the information online is not really helpful other than telling you where and when the stages are.

There are many new stages this year, including the Karlstad SSS, Backa, Liljendal

If I were you, I would hit up the following stages on the appropriate days (though you may not have a choice if you are going with Rally Travel)

Day1:
Torntorp 1
Vargasen 1 (avoid Colin's Crest, and try to back your way into the start of the SS)

Day 2:
Lesjofors
Fredricksburg ( There is a viewing spot only a few KM's into the stage that is nice around a sharp 90* left hander)

Day 3:
Malta 1 (Great spots, yet close to Hagfors-Uddeholm)
Malta 2
Uddeholm Service Park (10am Service)

http://www.swedishrally.com/en,itinerary.html

I would make an effort to get down to Karlstad for the prisegiving. It is quite spectacular. Avoid Hara and Likenas. Hara has lots of crowds and traffic. Lejen is practically a days drive and nearing Norway. The Motor area is not that spectacular.

Viktory
22nd January 2007, 16:22
I really do not like the planning the Swedish organisers have fixed for Saturday. I think three stages are possible, but only just. Start to the east of Hagfors at Lesjöfors, then go to the west of Hagfors for Vargåsen, and then back east for Lejen... This is going to be very tricky (only one road goes through Hagfors = traffic!!), I don't like it, but I want to see three stages, and last year we made it from Fredriksberg to Vargåsen within two hours.

WRXedUSA
22nd January 2007, 18:24
I think they are spreading it out to help traffic by forcing people to stay local to see the morning and afternoon stage, then maybe the SSS.

ln-ops
23rd January 2007, 08:50
Anyone have a map from 2006 they can scan and put up on the net?

swordsman
23rd January 2007, 21:53
Anyone have a map from 2006 they can scan and put up on the net?

That's a copyright infringement and at least in Sweden it's therefore against the laws. Also, it's not good for our beloved sport since I think our organisers really need their incomes. It's not expensive at all to buy a Swedish map - and it is possible to do on the internet. Also, some maps are published on the internet, so you shouldn't have a big crisis because of that.

May I ask you moderators to remove this (quoted) message??