PDA

View Full Version : Logging In -- Can be a pain!

edv
31st March 2008, 22:22
My browser usually remembers me and logs me in to the forums automatically.

But whenever I've actually logged off (or cleared all my cookies, etc) I come back to the Forum and have to Log In.

The question is HOW? I can find no 'Log In' link. There is a link at the top of the pages asking to Register, or to Log In, but that link takes you to the Search / FAQ Page.

The only way I could find to Log In was to try to reply to a thread, which takes one to the proper log in page.

Anyone else have this issue?

Daniel
1st April 2008, 04:08
My browser usually remembers me and logs me in to the forums automatically.

But whenever I've actually logged off (or cleared all my cookies, etc) I come back to the Forum and have to Log In.

The question is HOW? I can find no 'Log In' link. There is a link at the top of the pages asking to Register, or to Log In, but that link takes you to the Search / FAQ Page.

The only way I could find to Log In was to try to reply to a thread, which takes one to the proper log in page.

Anyone else have this issue?

There should be a place to enter your username and password on the bar just below the bar which has usercp, FAQ, members ...... and log out on it :)

Mark
1st April 2008, 08:24
There is no "log in" link. Instead there are two boxes for your username and password on the top right.

edv
1st April 2008, 16:25
There is no "log in" link. Instead there are two boxes for your username and password on the top right.

That is normally the case with the jelsoft products, but in my case there is no such log in box. Very strange. If you cannot reproduce the issue for yourself I could take screen shots if you like. I am running the latest release of Firefox.

MrJan
1st April 2008, 20:25
I always thought that if the boxes aren't there then you are already logged in.

airshifter
1st April 2008, 23:33
That is normally the case with the jelsoft products, but in my case there is no such log in box. Very strange. If you cannot reproduce the issue for yourself I could take screen shots if you like. I am running the latest release of Firefox.

I've never had the problem running Opera, but a couple times have had strange missing links or the like. I think it's a byproduct of running superior products as browsers when the sites are made to run on the Microcrap interfaced machines.

Mark
2nd April 2008, 09:27
Well I use nothing but firefox and it all works fine.